Line Out and Coax Out active at same time

Nstzya

I would like to have Line Out and Coax Out both active at same time. I use Coax Out to an external DAC (actually DSP active bookshelf speakers) and would like to use Line Out at the same time to drive an analog active subwoofer to supplement the DSP bookshelves. So ideally, the line out would actually become a sub out. Not sure if hardware permits this or not, however.

I would highly appreciate the option of having multiple output channels active simultaneously as well.
And if the latency and volume can be adjusted specifically by channel it would be really perfect.

Last edited:
I think WiiM is equipped with a multi-room function to meet such demand.

So buy as many WiiM as you need.😉

Just to bump this, I would love to be able to have time-synced simultaneous Line-Out and AirPlay Cast (or Bluetooth). At the moment, in order to get playback on both my hardwired stereo and my upstairs HomePods, I have to use the WiiM Pro Plus for Airplay Cast and the direct connection for HiFi playback, which means that the audio streams are out of sync. Not a huge deal, and I suppose I could cast to my AppleTV (which is connected to the same stereo via a different, solid-state amplifier), but it would be convenient.

Otherwise, it seems to be working great!

Or buy another WiiM for your stereo ;)
The WiiM is between my phono stage and my tube amp (using Y-split RCAs to run the phono stage into both at once). Would be silly to have two!

Honestly, casting to my AppleTV would probably be fine, it's not like I'm looking for absolute fidelity when using this thing.

Let's imagine the scenario when all outputs can work simultaneously, digital ones have different max resolutions defined, AirPlay cast and BT cast are also active... And the source service is Amazon Music.

I understand the WiiM engineers are looking into the feasibility of that
If that is referring to the feasibility of making both outputs active in order to have a sub out workaround, it would imply that it is at least possible in a hardware sense and may come as a firmware update. (y)

Last edited:
I think WiiM is equipped with a multi-room function to meet such demand.

So buy as many WiiM as you need.😉
Maybe a WiiM as "Slave" for the subwoofer via multiroom link is possible, but introduces a huge delay in the overall presentation, so video (TV, youtube etc.) or other realtime applications are not synchronised any more...

I too want/need the analog and digital outputs (SPDIF and COAX) both active simultaneously. Can we please update the software to allow this? Upgraded from a Sonos Connect to a WiiM Pro Plus today and discovered it's only one or the other with the WiiM. On the Sonos both analog and digital outputs were active at the same time. I want to use the digital out with bit perfect stream to my receiver for the main room and the analog for whole house audio feed.

I too want/need the analog and digital outputs (SPDIF and COAX) both active simultaneously. Can we please update the software to allow this? Upgraded from a Sonos Connect to a WiiM Pro Plus today and discovered it's only one or the other with the WiiM. On the Sonos both analog and digital outputs were active at the same time. I want to use the digital out with bit perfect stream to my receiver for the main room and the analog for whole house audio feed.
Can’t your receiver feed the whole house thru one of its analog out connections?

If that is referring to the feasibility of making both outputs active in order to have a sub out workaround, it would imply that it is at least possible in a hardware sense and may come as a firmware update. (y)
It’s certainly feasible.
Look at the now ancient Squeezebox Touch, Classic, Duet or Transporter. These have multiple output types all live at the same time.
The youngest is the Touch at over 10 years old. The Touch has line out, optical and coax with the digital out capable of 24/192 (with a plugin update) as do most if not all of the others. I don’t have a Duet or a Transporter :( but the Classic definitely has all three but capped on digital side at 24/48

It’s certainly feasible.
Look at the now ancient Squeezebox Touch, Classic, Duet or Transporter. These have multiple output types all live at the same time.
The youngest is the Touch at over 10 years old. The Touch has line out, optical and coax with the digital out capable of 24/192 (with a plugin update) as do most if not all of the others. I don’t have a Duet or a Transporter :( but the Classic definitely has all three but capped on digital side at 24/48
As I proposed in a post a little while ago, I believe one barrier to this might be the ability to select different max output sample rates / bit depths per digital output.
Doesn't necessarily mean it's not possible with some compromises, and doesn't really explain why analog and one digital can't be active together.

I was surprised to discover that analog and digital output wasn’t active at the same time, having used other streaming devices for years (mostly squeezebox). Most legacy receivers don’t distribute digital inputs for zone2/3 etc, so now my entire setup needs changing. I can’t even program my existing universal remotes for switching between analog and digital out from the wiim since it doesn’t support IR. The wiim is a cool product, but should I really have to change my entire existing setup ☹️

I know it’s hard to think about all those things before purchase, but answers to all those points would have been available here on the forum (or in the case of the WiiM remote being Bluetooth, on its product description page on Amazon for example) :(

Doesn’t your receiver have the equivalent of a tape out (showing my age here) that you can use? I don’t think you need to use zones.

Back