LMS upgrade lost Wiim connection

obo78

I updated my LMS installation this morning to the 64-bit version and all seemed to go well. It recognized my existing home library and sees my Wiim Pro as a player. However, my Wiim Pro does not see the LMS installation now. The Wiim instructions call for enabling the "Web Remote Control" under the LMS Advanced setting but this apparently does not exist in the 64-bit version. It does have a CLI setting and that is correct at port 9090. Everything has been rebooted at least twice.

I'm obviously missing something here. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Never heard of any WiiM instructions for “web remote control”. For WiiM devices to see the LMS server, rather than the preferred method of LMS seeing the WiiM Squeezelite client, all I recall is enabling the long unsupported LMS “UPnP/DLNA Media Interface” plugin.

There is an interesting psychology around updating software/firmware, whether it be a phone or other piece of tech. Some obsessively do so while others take an ‘if it ain’t broke don’t fix it’ attitude. Obviously each approach comes with risk, leading, for example, to possible security issues on the one hand or the problem found here on the other.
When to choose to update a perfectly functioning system can be such a stressful time, especially since most software updates now offer little in the way of improved functionality as an incentive.

Been a long while since I messed with my LMS server, but in order for it to act as a music server to 3rd party renderers, it needs this plugin:

IMG_3055.jpeg

You can, of course, also use the Material Skin as your UI, because the WiiM is running the Squeezelite client.

Interesting. I'm running LMS version 8.5.2 - 1716215514 @ Sun 26 May 2024 and my Pro, Pro Plus and Ultra all work perfectly fine as Squeezelite endpoints without the UPnP/DLNA plug-in being active. My LMS version also does not have a Web Remote Control option.

LMS sees the Wiim players and the players see LMS.

These are the Wiim instructions
https://faq.wiimhome.com/en/support...e-wiim-pro-wiim-pro-plus-amp-with-squeezelite

As you can see, there is no mention of DLNA. I ran my previous setup for months without DLNA. Once LMS was activated in the Wiim firmware several months ago, DLNA was no longer needed.
Web Remote Control is just the LMS Web user interface using the default skin. You should be able to use your existing bookmark for port 9000 at the server IP address.

Web Remote Control is just the LMS Web user interface using the default skin. You should be able to use your existing bookmark for port 9000 at the server IP address.
Thanks, the terminology threw me a bit. It was also the phrase “However, my Wiim Pro does not see the LMS installation now” that made it sound as if the OP was expecting the WiiM app/ device to see the LMS install that led me to reply with talk of the UPnP/DLNA media interface.

To the OP, is Docker involved in this install?

Interesting. I'm running LMS version 8.5.2 - 1716215514 @ Sun 26 May 2024 and my Pro, Pro Plus and Ultra all work perfectly fine as Squeezelite endpoints without the UPnP/DLNA plug-in being active. My LMS version also does not have a Web Remote Control option.

LMS sees the Wiim players and the players see LMS.
Same here.

What do you mean by the players seeing LMS? I can understand the other way round I.e. the WiiM devices appear in LMS, but that’s it for me.

I decided to completely wipe my LMS installation and start over using the 32-bit version. All my LMS player/clients (PC on home LAN, Squeezelite-X on Win laptop, Squeezepad on iPad) all now are back to playing music correctly through the Wiim Pro. The Wiim app still does not see my LMS music. As Sqeezelite is now in the Wiim firmware, it should act as any LMS player and see the music. As I never use the Wiim app for control it's not a big issue for me.

BTW, the "Web Remote Control" is nothing more than a link to the LMS web interface. It doesn't actually do anything in regard to connectivity and was obviously not a factor in my previous problem.

Now I'll just wait for 9.0 (or maybe even 9.1) before I upgrade again. I thought I'd be getting a leg up on that transition by migrating to 64-bit now but I'm happy just to wait for a mature version 9.

I decided to completely wipe my LMS installation and start over using the 32-bit version. All my LMS player/clients (PC on home LAN, Squeezelite-X on Win laptop, Squeezepad on iPad) all now are back to playing music correctly through the Wiim Pro. The Wiim app still does not see my LMS music. As Sqeezelite is now in the Wiim firmware, it should act as any LMS player and see the music. As I never use the Wiim app for control it's not a big issue for me.

BTW, the "Web Remote Control" is nothing more than a link to the LMS web interface. It doesn't actually do anything in regard to connectivity and was obviously not a factor in my previous problem.

Now I'll just wait for 9.0 (or maybe even 9.1) before I upgrade again. I thought I'd be getting a leg up on that transition by migrating to 64-bit now but I'm happy just to wait for a mature version 9.
Weird. Did you uninstall the 32 bit version before installing the 64 bit version? Did Strawberry Perl get installed? It takes quite a long time.

Back