Looking for suggestions: replacing Plex (Linux/Android)

Fair enough, they generally talk about "Plex", but if the setup process is the same (logging in to your Plex account in the WiiM Home app), it would make no sense for it to work only with the standard Plex app and not Plexamp.

Fair enough, they generally talk about "Plex", but if the setup process is the same (logging in to your Plex account in the WiiM Home app), it would make no sense for it to work only with the standard Plex app and not Plexamp.
That's if it's an endpoint solution :)

I would have expected a PlexAmp endpoint solution to have been delivered quicker, similar to how Squeezelite was, and not required a "first version".

I have asked WiiM on multiple occasions to clarify what "native Plex integration" means, but they haven't so I think some people are going to be disappointed either way, unless it's both a UI in the WHA (available to all Plex users) and a PlexAmp endpoint (available to Plex Pass subscribers).

Anyway, enough conjecture.

That's if it's an endpoint solution :)

I would have expected a PlexAmp endpoint solution to have been delivered quicker, similar to how Squeezelite was, and not required a "first version".

I have asked WiiM on multiple occasions to clarify what "native Plex integration" means, but they haven't so I think some people are going to be disappointed either way, unless it's both a UI in the WHA (available to all Plex users) and a PlexAmp endpoint (available to Plex Pass subscribers).

Anyway, enough conjecture.
Yes let's see what they come up with :)

I don't think many people are expecting them to integrate some (half-baked) Plex browser within the WiiM Home app. Especially since the browsing experience in Plexamp and even the standard Plex app is pretty good already.

Back