Lower bitrate/quality during Chromecast compared to Airplay 2

avis

I was streaming music from my iPhone's YouTube music app to my Wiim Amp and the recommended way to stream is Chromecast. The quality however is sub par compared to casting via Airplay. The airplay session shows bitrate but Chromecasting won't. I can hear the sound quality is significantly degraded via Chromecast.Any thoughts why this is and any way to fix this?

Google Home App => Devices => Select WiiM name => Click cog wheel => Audio => set Full dynamic range "on"

Google Home App => Devices => Select WiiM name => Click cog wheel => Audio => set Full dynamic range "on"
Thanks for the suggestion! This however did not work for me. The audio quality did not improve and no bitrate info is visible in chromecast mode either.

Unfortunately YTMusic sound quality is among the worse of all streaming services, wether its by Chromecast or even Bluetooth. I used it for several years when music services were "younger", then switched to Apple Music with a great upgrade in SQ and a few months I changed to Tidal and imported all my playlists. Thats what I would recommend to fully take advantage of WiiMs streaming quality.

For YouTube Music, Chromecast plays at 48KHz and Airplay 2 plays at 44KHz with Apple devices (iPhone and Macbook)

Hi
It's been a while since I used CC, since it's limited to CD quality, but after reading your post I wanted to check my settings in Google Home.
I followed the path you indicated Google Home App => Devices => Select WiiM name => Click cog wheel => Audio => set Full dynamic range "on".
Well, I don't see the gear wheel. GH sees my two devices, WiiM Pro and Ultra, but when I click on one of them, the gear doesn't appear on the top right, but three dots. If I click the three dots, a useless menu opens. Send feedback, cancel and another similar option that doesn't do anything.
Any ideas? I think this happened after the latest GH updates. I remember before I could adjust the settings that affected the sound quality.
Am I doing something wrong? Is there another way to access the playback quality settings?

I followed the path you indicated Google Home App => Devices => Select WiiM name => Click cog wheel => Audio => set Full dynamic range "on".
Well, I don't see the gear wheel.
You won't find it on Android devices.

I was streaming music from my iPhone's YouTube music app to my Wiim Amp and the recommended way to stream is Chromecast. The quality however is sub par compared to casting via Airplay. The airplay session shows bitrate but Chromecasting won't. I can hear the sound quality is significantly degraded via Chromecast.Any thoughts why this is and any way to fix this?
Google Cast is capable of far better lossless streaming quality than YouTube Music provides. However, it's finally up to YouTube Music what kind of stream it will send to the receiving device. We know that e.g. Spotify will send a lower data rate stream through Chromecast than through Spotify Connect.

I don't know why Google would want to hurt themselves here, though. Certianly Google's YouTube Music should perform at its best through Google Cast, in particular compared to AirPlay 2.

Back