MQA disappeared

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
Do we say good bye to MQA? I see no MQA related settings in the latest Android app.

MQA Albums and MQA Playlists are still featured in the Tidal settings in the latest iOS app version 2.10.9.

It may comeback someday as lenbrooks owner of mqa join forces with hdtrack to lunch with streaming service.

It could make sense, since the only supplier removed the MQA flag on remaining MQA's files and WiiM no more recognized them.
In the meantime, however, I can't get rid of it, since the former MQA files have remained the same (flags aside) and the NAD Dac continues to recognize them, activate decoding and play them at 88.2KHz, a frequency that sometimes causes the NAD Dac to fail when Dirac is active. This happens whether you use the WiiM mini via Toslink or directly via Bluos. Known problem, WiiM support would be needed...

It could make sense, since the only supplier removed the MQA flag on remaining MQA's files and WiiM no more recognized them.
In the meantime, however, I can't get rid of it, since the former MQA files have remained the same (flags aside) and the NAD Dac continues to recognize them, activate decoding and play them at 88.2KHz, a frequency that sometimes causes the NAD Dac to fail when Dirac is active. This happens whether you use the WiiM mini via Toslink or directly via Bluos. Known problem, WiiM support would be needed...
Or knock the wiim volume down one notch, or similar?
Wouldn't that then stop the file being bit perfect, and no longer recognised as mqa?
I know... blasphemy!

Or knock the wiim volume down one notch, or similar?
Wouldn't that then stop the file being bit perfect, and no longer recognised as mqa?
I know... blasphemy!
Yes, any variation done on the file, volume or EQ, stops the recognition as MQA but loosing the much desired "bit perfectness" it's a non sense, especially with 44.1KHz 16bit MQA, the only case where MQA make sense (if space and bandwidth reduction are not the main goal).

Back