Multiple Users

Kampernaut

There are several adults in our household, and I’m not always there.

Can several people have the WiiM Home app installed and control a single device? If so, how are settings synchronised?

Yes.

What sort of settings were you thinking of?
Some are app based, some are device based.
Thanks for responding.

I was thinking of presets, favourites and EQ. I’m used to Apple Music on an Apple TV as my primary music source. That has user profiles.

The WiiM will allow me to use a preset for an Internet radio stream that I enjoy. This means that the input source will flip from Optical to WiFI. Other users may need to switch that back to Optical.

WiiM devices don’t have user profiles, and items like presets, favourites and source setting are held at device level. If you played your radio preset then the next person wanting to use optical from their installed app would need to select that since in effect the app is a window on to the same device.

WiiM devices don’t have user profiles, and items like presets, favourites and source setting are held at device level. If you played your radio preset then the next person wanting to use optical from their installed app would need to select that since in effect the app is a window on to the same device.
I believe My Library and Search History are stored on a per phone basis.🙂

Back