My WiiM Pro Plus 2nd sample test

(in the future it would perhaps be good for each other to do it...could sometimes shed light on the revisions on board, in circulation...see those distributed to the reviewer etc.)

What changes between V2, V3 and V4?
We can't buy every version that comes out

I will refresh the main topic with new measurements and recordings, although I've no idea how to clean up the current mess...

I have 2 Topping E30s, first and last version with Chromecast audio, all three replaced by the Wiim pro plus

I will refresh the main topic with new measurements and recordings, although I've no idea how to clean up the current mess...
sure, you'll be given a lot of work..so good luck and .....thank you! ;-)
(this chip was also designed for nomadic applications...we can imagine that there are functions relating to power supply, consumption etc... perhaps at this level it plays a role on the fw side...who will know (?) )

all your efforts will have served the "community" enormously... afterward we can also estimate that everything is for nothing because according to some constantly ""'inaudible""""...

(well I hope that even if some will find no "really audible" differences etc. in analog audio between a mini and a "plus".. I hope for my part that there will be a significant one finding the mini really not great in output analog... I know I know I'm ashamed...:oops::oops:)

Last edited:
As I own 2 Nirvana SMPS units, I've spent a lot of time testing Pro Plus V2 and Nirvana combos in stepped measurements. All I can say for now is that my Plus V2 sample and Nirvana are not the best friends... Behavior is pretty unpredictable and results can vary a lot. A standard power adapter delivered with the device is giving the best results to me actually.
I'm using that Topping power supply with dual 5V usb and a single 15 V output on it that I got open box off amazon
I think the addition has been helpful while using my wiim pro (no plus) as a transport into my system
I don't think there's any troubles you are noting with this

Hopefully, Wiim will thoroughly test the Wiim Amp before its release to avoid such issues.

Hopefully, Wiim will thoroughly test the Wiim Amp before its release to avoid such issues.
Well, I would say that what you can read in this thread is part of the thorough testing before the release of the improved Pro Plus version.

Back