My WiiM Ultra first impressions

Unfortunately, customers like you don't help in selling ££££ DACs and valve amplifiers (for US residents: $$$$$ DACs and tube amplifiers). ;)

It's so much easier to harp on about supposed fine details that owners of humble WiiM devices can't even dream of than to simply solve the real problems of music playback, if you want to sell stuff.

Unfortunately, customers like you don't help in selling ££££ DACs and valve amplifiers (for US residents: $$$$$ DACs and tube amplifiers). ;)

It's so much easier to harp on about supposed fine details that owners of humble WiiM devices can't even dream of than to simply solve the real problems of music playback, if you want to sell stuff.
We all know it's an industry that's been constructed on large quantities of snake oil and psycho babble, and companies like Wiim are proving just that. However, they've managed to successfully fool enough people enough of the time for it be commercially viable, so like I said, if you believe there's a difference and can justify spending your own cash, so be it. Whilst I'm a big fan of the principles of Amir and others, it's not an offense to like stuff that doesn't measure any differently, after all we're not building aeroplanes where these things really do matter. Ironically, I've never heard anyone yet use the phrase "night and day" when comparing manufactured components for certification :LOL:

Back