Never seen this before

Did you move the slider to activate "5 GHz only" or are you saying it's a random pop-up?

You should only activate it firstly if you have a 5 GHz wireless network and secondly if your WiiM Amp will be on the same network as the devices you want to communicate with it (cell phone or tablet etc.). If that's the case 5 GHz is a better wireless frequency as 2.4 GHz is potentially very noisy with other comms such as bluetooth.

You should only activate it firstly if you have a 5 GHz wireless network and secondly if your WiiM Amp will be on the same network as the devices you want to communicate with it (cell phone or tablet etc.).
A couple of my wiims are on my 5Ghz network, and my tablet on 2.4Ghz sees and controls them with no issues, in the same way that my Chromecast devices are on my 2.4Ghz network and my phones/tablets on 5Ghz can control them.
I guess i assumed they simply all communiacate back to the same router and that dealt with it.

A couple of my wiims are on my 5Ghz network, and my tablet on 2.4Ghz sees and controls them with no issues, in the same way that my Chromecast devices are on my 2.4Ghz network and my phones/tablets on 5Ghz can control them.
I guess i assumed they simply all communiacate back to the same router and that dealt with it.
Yep, usually 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz (and Ethernet, for that matter) all share the same gateway, submask and thus IP address space. Different media types, same network, no problem.

Why tonight and what should I click?
If your Pro has been running smooth for two years and still is, then tap on No.

You can try out the 5 GHz only option any time, if you wish. In the WiiM Home App go to device settings, network status.

IMG_20240703_094531.jpg

There's also an explanation why turning it on might be beneficial and a warning to only enable it if your router really provides 5 GHz Wi-Fi.

Back