New set up — struggling amateur

Sam456

Hi all, new set up with WiiM amp and wharfdale 9.1 speakers. Connected up and play music and I’m getting some odd results. Listening to songs if there is a lot is Bass, singer with deep voice sounds good, sound of silence by disturbed sounds ok, anything that isn’t that deep I can barely hear the vocals. Playing. Pod cast people talking sounds like R2D2, but when a music jingle kicks in they sound ok. Anyone got any ideas? I’m new to all this!

Sounds strange.

What's your source? By that I mean, which input is checked in the WiiM Home app, Browse tab, section Select Source on WiiM Amp and what streaming service are you using?

Are these speakers new as well or did you use them with a different amp before?

Sounds strange.

What's your source? By that I mean, which input is checked in the WiiM Home app, Browse tab, section Select Source on WiiM Amp and what streaming service are you using?

Are these speakers new as well or did you use them with a different amp before?
Hi source is WiFi, using Spotify and they’re also new speakers

OK, first things first: Are the bi-ampring brackets screwed down tightly on the back of both speakers? Did you connect the speakers using loose cable ends? If so, double and triple check that no single wire strand has escaped from the binding posts on the speakers and on the Amp.

For the sake of comparison, you could manage Music Services on the Browse tab and enable Radio Paradise. They have four different streams of music in FLAC encoded lossless CD resolution. Does this sound as strange as Spotifiy does? I assume it will, but just to be sure lets try a built-in music service to confirm this.

On the Device tab, hit the cog or gear icon near the WiiM Amp and check that EQ is shown as Off. If it isn't, enter EQ settings and check if EQ is enabled on the Graphic EQ tab or on the PEQ tab. For now, just switch it off, to be on the safe side. You can (or actually must) enable or in this case disable EQ for each individual input (if you ever intend to use it).

Apart from that there is little I can think of that would make podcasters sound like R2D2 using a streaming service. Or maybe one more thing: Also make sure that Subwoofer is set to Off.

Hi all, new set up with WiiM amp and wharfdale 9.1 speakers. Connected up and play music and I’m getting some odd results. Listening to songs if there is a lot is Bass, singer with deep voice sounds good, sound of silence by disturbed sounds ok, anything that isn’t that deep I can barely hear the vocals. Playing. Pod cast people talking sounds like R2D2, but when a music jingle kicks in they sound ok. Anyone got any ideas? I’m new to all this!
As @harkpabst said, I believe it is the bi-wiring brackets on the speakers. The brackets are not attached and the speaker cable appears to be disconnected from the tweeter.

If you are not sure, post a picture of the speaker terminals and the back of the amp here. (Please unplug the power cable of the WiiM amp before proceeding.)

If your speakers do not come with bi-wiring brackets, make a short cable like this to connect the tweeter and woofer terminals.

1000006528.jpg
1000006530.jpg

Once you've checked all the connections to the speakers are all tight and correct. Maybe look at where you have positioned the speaker, the reviews i skimmed seemed to suggest the vocals can sound a little recessed and that a bit of space from the wall is needed to get a clearer sound.

Back