New Wiim pro user. My setup

Spatch

I have just started using the wiim pro. At this stage I need to be honest and declare that this is a stop gap solution.
My setup is the following
Wiim pro via coax out to a EOS Ideon DAC via XLR cables to Mjonoir Carbon CC Engineer. Headphones are Stax 007 mk 1
I like the functionality of the Wiim app. Setup is a breeze and the options like Chromecast is simple to use. In the past I had a few different streamers, mostly pi based boards.
I am using a Google plexi 8 pro phone to stream. At present have drop outs.
If anyone interested I will write a more subjective approach to the steps I am have taken including the failures, but not sure if people would be interested as the site seems to take a objective stance.

Some members may take an objective stance (refugees from ASR maybe 🤣😜) but I wouldn’t accept that’s representative of all members on the forum, myself included.

What services are you streaming when you have these issues, and how is your Pro connected to your home network?

As per the usual advice, you should also submit a ticket to WiiM so they can inspect your device logs for evidence of the issues.

I am using WiFi
No issues if less than a meter away
At present streaming Qobuz and Chromecast YouTube
Thanks for the warm welcome

Some members may take an objective stance (refugees from ASR maybe 🤣😜) but I wouldn’t accept that’s representative of all members on the forum, myself included.

What services are you streaming when you have these issues, and how is your Pro connected to your home network?

As per the usual advice, you should also submit a ticket to WiiM so they can inspect your device logs for evidence of the issues.
On the other hand drop-outs are fairly objective 🤣

Back