No Apps show in Windows Wiim Home App

sloughins

I've just installed Wiim Home on my Asus laptop - I've both Tidal & Spotify installed but they don't show in thedesktop app. How do I add them?
Cheer
wiim.png

The desktop app is an early beta version, development obviously doesn't have high priority. If it doesn't do what you need it to (and that's a pretty likely scenario), install and use the WiiM Home App on your phone.

That's the way it is right now. Mobile first is the universal mantra.

Thanks - I have it on my phone & was trying it out on my laptop. I just wondered if I hadn't configured it correctly

WiiM Home App on your phone
I bought a cheap 11" Chinese android tablet for 120 bucks and stuck it on a flexible arm at my seating position. Works a treat and I feel like Captain Kirk in his chair every time I have a listening session :). My point being, expensive smartphones aren't necessary for those that don't have them or want them, and the Windows app is kind of superfluous (surprised they are even doing it).

Not sure about Tidal "Connect" (apparently a work in progress like the WiiM Home app on PCs), but Spotify Connect will work well from your desktop machine thru/to the WiiM. I use the Windows WiiM Home app all the time because I stream local files and only want to deal with one piece of hardware through my day, but, as harkpabst noted, it's a beta version and the priority to bring it up to snuff with the versions on other platforms is, well, rather low....

I’ve had no issues with tidal connect. However unlike Spotify connect it won’t follow you from device to device. If I use connect from my pc. And then connect from phone. It resumes what my phone was playing last rather than taking on the pc stream

Back