No sound from optical input

slartibartfast

Major Contributor
I have a TV connected to the optical input and noticed that when I switch to that input using the remote I don't get any sound the first time I select it. Cycling through the inputs a second time seems to work. Is this a known issue?

I have a TV connected to the optical input and noticed that when I switch to that input using the remote I don't get any sound the first time I select it. Cycling through the inputs a second time seems to work. Is this a known issue?
Ah I noticed something funky like that too a while back. However I stopped using the remote for that mostly as the input detection seems to work fine if you wait long enough

Ah I noticed something funky like that too a while back. However I stopped using the remote for that mostly as the input detection seems to work fine if you wait long enough
Coming back to this, the input detection seems to switch when it feels like it. I often have the TV on with sound muted while listening to the WiFi input of the amp. The other day the amp decided to switch to the optical (TV) input after about 40 minutes while I was still listening via WiFi. My only option seems to be to disable optical input detection.

Back