Options for controlling LMS

Were you transcoding the ALAC files using the UPNPBridge plugin? WiiM should be able to play ALAC files natively
The Bridge does transcode
Might you need to do the same for the AIFF and ALAC settings there too to cover all the bases?
I wouldn’t fiddle further unless a problem arises

My settings change is sufficient to play .m4a files with no further issue. They get transcoded to FLAC so no loss of resolution

Just mass convert your files, also useful to update to latest flac encoder (more efficient)

Thanks again

I cannot find "advanced" only "basic" setting, but did find "file format conversion" there.

Changed AAC to disabled, and saved it.

Playback timer still resets every 1second.
It’s the AAC setting for M-PEG4 are you sure used did that and then “Save Settings”?

I must admit I didn't realise that I had a problem because I only have a few ALAC files and hadn't missed them, but on trying to play the ALAC files I got the same response ( trying to start but not getting there). I disabled ALAC in LMS and they now play perfectly. The problem I didn't know I had has gone away thanks to the wise men on this thread.

@castalla are you running LMS on Windows as we now seem to be looking at a Windows LMS thing. The above settings let me play ALAC on WiiM but I’m running LMS on Linux and pCP

@castalla are you running LMS on Windows as we now seem to be looking at a Windows LMS thing. The above settings let me play ALAC on WiiM but I’m running LMS on Linux and pCP
Might it need ffmpeg and/or Lame installed? Wouldn't the LMS logs show errors which might suggest this?

Have you tried playing from the default interface?
I've been trying to replicate the problem but haven't been able to, until I switched to Material.
I'm running a daily so it probably won't be the same install as the OP, and in a sandbox on Windows.

Actually scrub that I didn't actually have the amp on but there was progress on the default interface whereas Material was showing the 0-1 second behaviour.
Will test changing the file types.

When I changed the Apple Lossless section to Disabled they worked for me.

Back