Options for controlling LMS

Will do.

The networking issue was a faulty CAT6 cable.

The current problem is the time bar on Material Skin resets to zero every second.
Expanding a little
The laptop running LMS has both Ethernet & WiFi live interfaces. The Ethernet had a rogue unrouteable static IP. After putting it back to DHCP it was apparent that there was no physical connection (169 address). Replacing Cat6 cable has resolved. Both interfaces now have live active IP's.
On the actual PC Alan can access Material via localhost and either IP interface and can click "play" but there is no playback i.e. the connection to the WiiM is active at the discovery level but not for playback. Windows firewall has been toggled on and off.
Alan is going to now reboot the WiiM.
If the problem persists we will investigate the WiFi network setting on the router.
Elsewhere someone had a similar issue (not involving LMS) that boiled down to the WiFi not being set up quite correctly.
Once it is all working the Ethernet on Laptop will be set to a static IP and Material tested on phone.
I will be calling him on Monday.

Expanding a little
The laptop running LMS has both Ethernet & WiFi live interfaces. The Ethernet had a rogue unrouteable static IP. After putting it back to DHCP it was apparent that there was no physical connection (169 address). Replacing Cat6 cable has resolved. Both interfaces now have live active IP's.
On the actual PC Alan can access Material via localhost and either IP interface and can click "play" but there is no playback i.e. the connection to the WiiM is active at the discovery level but not for playback. Windows firewall has been toggled on and off.
Alan is going to now reboot the WiiM.
If the problem persists we will investigate the WiFi network setting on the router.
Elsewhere someone had a similar issue (not involving LMS) that boiled down to the WiFi not being set up quite correctly.
Once it is all working the Ethernet on Laptop will be set to a static IP and Material tested on phone.
I will be calling him on Monday.
Is failure to play for all streams? Are you sure that the player is definitely wiim squeezelite? Earlier in the thread there was mention of bridge Plugins - are these still active?

Is failure to play for all streams? Are you sure that the player is definitely wiim squeezelite? Earlier in the thread there was mention of bridge Plugins - are these still active?
The screenshots show the WiiM with the Squeezelite icon as opposed to the UPnP icon.
It is early days with regard to what might fail and what might not as there was definitely networking issues at play which needed resolving.
Alan says he has a mixture of ALAC and MP3.
I have no ALAC but some MP3 which plays perfectly but my LMS is Linux.
As he is running on Windows does he need anything for MP3 support?

WiiM has the latest software, so should have Squezlite.

The UpNp/DNLA plug in is disabled.

I don't know how LMS serves the media, but in the UPnP world I'd verify file access by curl'ing it from another machine.
Given @d6jg is on the case I assume you've already checked the logs.

I don't know how LMS serves the media, but in the UPnP world I'd verify file access by curl'ing it from another machine.
Given @d6jg is on the case I assume you've already checked the logs.
Not yet as we have only just got the networking sorted.

So, using the mini, were you able to play local music files and radio streams.? Was this via LMS or using the Wiim app?

Try playing a radio stream with the pro. Report back.

I suspect that the problem originates with the ALAC files. In the absence of info about what worked with the mini, it really is difficult to determine where the problem lies.

I can't find the link but there's a post about ALAC files being problematical.

So, using the mini, were you able to play local music files and radio streams.? Was this via LMS or using the Wiim app?

Try playing a radio stream with the pro. Report back.

Via the WiiM Mini, which not having Squeezelite could only access LMS usingan UpPnP bridge.

I'll try listening to a radio station on the Prol later and report back

I suspect that the problem originates with the ALAC files. In the absence of info about what worked with the mini, it really is difficult to determine where the problem lies.

I can't find the link but there's a post about ALAC files being problematical.

I can play the ALAC files on both the WiiM Mini and Pro if I use the UPnP bridge.

I will try playing MP3 files using LMS and Material Skin later and report back.

Last edited:
If you could confirm that an mp3 file plays, then we can move to try fixing the ALAC ones... (there's a setting in file types which may need changing, but I need to find the post which talks about this). But, also this could lead down a blind alley...

If you could confirm that an mp3 file plays, then we can move to try fixing the ALAC ones... (there's a setting in file types which may need changing, but I need to find the post which talks about this). But, also this could lead down a blind alley...

Right, I've now had time to try playing MP3 files.

They play fine and can be controlled from my phone using Material Skin, so the problem is with ALAC files.

I will raise a ticket with @WiiM Support .

Thank you to all of you who have helped and in particular to d6jg.

Back