Ordered 2 WiiM Amps and received 2 different versions, normal?

MNMLSM

Hi there,

I have some questions regarding the WiiM Amp.
I ordered 2 products from different shops and received 2 different version, both were brand new and sealed.

Version 1 (transparent plastic covers the golden connections):
1729697079108.jpg

Version 2 (no plastic)
1729697104317.jpg

1st question: have there been changes since the release of the WiiM Amp, if yes, which one is the newer version? @WiiM Support

2nd question: the volume knob of the version 1 is not working correctly, it seems:

Version 1:
- no clicks and tactile feedback, it just rotates and there is absolutely no feedback
- the button seems to be defective, if I increase or lower the volume it jumps from 50 to 60, sometimes from 50 to 52 or it doesn't work at all

Version 2:
- tactile feedback, rotation "clicks in" and increasing or lowering volume gets registered well

Can somebody please help me out?
If the support needs Serial numbers please let me know.
Version 1 was heavily discounted, could this be a scam or everything normal? Both devices work and are found in the app.

Thanks in advance!

Version 1:
- no clicks and tactile feedback, it just rotates and there is absolutely no feedback
- the button seems to be defective, if I increase or lower the volume it jumps from 50 to 60, sometimes from 50 to 52 or it doesn't work at all

Version 2:
- tactile feedback, rotation "clicks in" and increasing or lowering volume gets registered well
Can you just take pictures of the bottom covers?

PS:
The improved isolated binding posts (plastic covers) are newer and appear to come as standard with the WiiM Amp Pro. Same for the turning knob with no clicks for tactile feedback.

If volume control doesn't work smoothly could indicate a fault. See if turning it a couple of times each direction with the amp switched off changes anything.

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick responses.

Try running the command in this link in a browser to see if there’s a difference in the pcb version

Post in thread 'WiiM HTTP API - misc items'
https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/wiim-http-api-misc-items.1592/post-23256
I checked both devices, both versions have: PCB_version": "5"

Can you just take pictures of the bottom covers?

PS:
The improved isolated binding posts (plastic covers) are newer and appear to come as standard with the WiiM Amp Pro. Same for the turning knob with no clicks for tactile feedback.

If volume control doesn't work smoothly could indicate a fault. See if turning it a couple of times each direction with the amp switched off changes anything.

I just checked the package, it's definitely a non Pro version. Pro version would be nice. :)
Tested it again, the knob is faulty, it even decreased the volume when I turned it up and if i move it slowly there is no change at all.

Version 1:
lllllll1729710153919.jpg

Version 2:
kkkkkk1729710153897.jpg

Tested it again, the knob is faulty, it even decreased the volume when I turned it up and if i move it slowly there is no change at all.
More than unlikely that this could be fixed by software.

Those Pro-ish features could indicate a "refurbished" version, but if it's been sold as new, an erratic volume knob isn't acceptable, if you ask me.

Back