out to another amp

stry8458

I have a second set of speakers in another room.....they are powered by a small 50 watt Dayton class D amp.I would like the option of sending WIIM amp radio
into this second amp ...how would you do it? I used to have an FM radio and I used the headphone jack but WIIM doesn't have one. My line in on the WIIM are un used at the moment..I want a wired solution only...I am not a fan of wireless signals everywhere in my living environment.... thanks

The only outputs supported by the WiiM Amp are Bluetooth (wireless, so out of question) and USB out to a DAC (supporting USB input).

These are your options.

I do happen to have a spare USB DAC.I almost forgot about it. Late model 2 channel.Then get rid of the Dayton amp completely..? If I ran into that from the WIIM is there a setting that needs to be changed? The speakers in the other room will be about 15 ft from the DAC. And the WIIM is about 15 ft from the DAC. Will the WIIM push sound 30 -35 ft? Doesn't sound too long...?

Get a second WiiM Pro or Pro+ and group the 2 areas

That would still be wireless. Although I do second that approach.
Why wireless necessarily? Both WiiM's could be connected via LAN if the cabling exists or can be put in place.

Back