PEQ: per *output* PEQ or option to always have PEQ bypassed on certain outputs

jamesmafyew

I have a Pro Plus as part of a small component stereo system, and a Wiim Amp in a TV setup. Both of these systems get used with speakers some of the time, and with headphones some of the time.

On the Wiim Amp, I'd rather not have my speaker-specific EQ applied to e.g. the Bluetooth output when I'm using it for headphones. Similarly, my Pro Plus line outputs go to an integrated amp and speakers. I'd rather not have my speaker-specific PEQ for that system on the optical output, which I send to a DAC/headphone amp. Ideally, I'd be able to have a separate PEQ profile for each output, so I can have my speaker EQ and my headphone EQ and not have to manually switch things around. Or, it would be nice if the PEQ on/off state were retained for each output individually, so that it would be automatically bypassed when I switched over to headphones.

Basically, I'm just asking for the existing per-input PEQ feature, but applied to outputs.

I would like to have this feature too.

I have headphone amp driving headphones and integrated amp driving speakers both connected to same Wiim Pro device and would like to have own EQ profile for both.

I would also like to see quick settings to select audio output in front page of Wiim Home app similarly as there already is settings to select input. It would allow faster way to switch between outputs.

I would like to have this feature too.

I have headphone amp driving headphones and integrated amp driving speakers both connected to same Wiim Pro device and would like to have own EQ profile for both.

I would also like to see quick settings to select audio output in front page of Wiim Home app similarly as there already is settings to select input. It would allow faster way to switch between outputs.
You should be able to switch outputs from the 'Now Playing' screen where it tells you the current output - click on it.
However, switching output stops the music, currently at least.

You should be able to switch outputs from the 'Now Playing' screen where it tells you the current output - click on it.
However, switching output stops the music, currently at least.

Thanks for a tip. It is interesting to find out features I haven't noticed before.

As you mentioned switching output stops the playback and you cannot resume playback in Now Playing -screen. Only way to continue playback seems to be to find music I was playing and start it again. It reduces usefulness of output selection in Now Playing -screen but it is still slightly faster than doing it through device settings.

It would be really nice if you could resume existing playback after switching output in Now Playing -screen.

Last edited:
Certainly, for the Ultra.

There’s a headphone out and RCA outs.

You want room correction on your main speakers, and a sub, but neither on the headphones. Even if you’re not using room correction, your speakers will want different EQ to your headphones.

It’s difficult to see how Per Output PEQ isn’t far more useful than per input.

Certainly, for the Ultra.

There’s a headphone out and RCA outs.

You want room correction on your main speakers, and a sub, but neither on the headphones. Even if you’re not using room correction, your speakers will want different EQ to your headphones.

It’s difficult to see how Per Output PEQ isn’t far more useful than per input.

In practice, I guess it is not easy to co-locate PEQ per input and PEQ per output.

For example, what happens if different PEQs are set for Line-in and Headphone-out? It may be practical to disable the PEQ for the input and enable the PEQ for the output, but some users may want to do the opposite..🤔

I'd love PEQ per output as my main speakers' eq will be downstream from the Ultra (when the silver one becomes available in Norway) anyway. :)

Back