Pops and clicks when changing tracks on USB

g3rain1

The ultra is generating pops and clicks sometimes when I change the track, it could be a sample rate thing. I have the fade in fade out effects turned on which says it should eliminate that, how it doesn't seem to. I'm connected over USB.

Hi @g3rain1
My Ultra is connected via USB Out to my external DAC. No pop and clicks changing tracks. I listen to albums, not playlists.
I have fade in / fade out off.

Yeah, it doesn't seem to happen within an album. But when I change to something else it does.

Leans towards it being a sample rate changing thing.

The ultra is generating pops and clicks
Well, actually it's the dac doing that on sample rate changes, not the ultra per se.
The wiim fade in/out attempts to mitigate this issue, but doesn't guarantee it.

Guess you need to wait for fixed sample rate over usb (assuming it's coming) to prevent this with your dac.

I have clicks when using coaxial connection to amp. It is pretty annoying, it can happens all the time, every hour

With optical it works good, so I am using optical.

Does anybody know what is the issue here?

I have clicks when using coaxial connection to amp. It is pretty annoying, it can happens all the time, every hour

With optical it works good, so I am using optical.

Does anybody know what is the issue here?
Are you using USB as a source?

Nope, i am using tidal.

It happens when listening music using coaxial connection.

If I am using optical instead of coaxial everything works perfect.
That's a completely different topic then, better handled in a separate thread.

But as a side note, I don't understand why you mean by using Tidal using a coaxial connection. Are you using an external DAC connected through coaxial out? If the problem is with Tidal only?

You're best of starting your own thread with all the details.

That's a completely different topic then, better handled in a separate thread.

But as a side note, I don't understand why you mean by using Tidal using a coaxial connection. Are you using an external DAC connected through coaxial out? If the problem is with Tidal only?

I am using Audiolab 7000a connected via coaxial to wiim ultra and to tv through hdmi. It happens everywhere, when I am using hdmi when watching tv and when streaming music

I am using Audiolab 7000a connected via coaxial to wiim ultra and to tv through hdmi. It happens everywhere, when I am using hdmi when watching tv and when streaming music

The Audiolab might not just cope with the coaxial output resolution you set or the coax cable isn't up to it.

The Audiolab might not just cope with the coaxial output resolution you set or the coax cable isn't up to it.
I used max possible resolution 192/24.
looks like audiolab is capable of this resolution via coaxial connection. Do you think issue can be on cable side ?

I used max possible resolution 192/24.
Is coaxial cable not capable of it?
The WiiM Ultra is surely capable of it, but that doesn't mean your cable and your DAC are.

Back