Static/crackling when bitrate changes

zeusbones

After tidal updated to just one tier with hires included, I noticed that when i change tracks and the bitrate changes, i get static noise the first second of a song. Didn’t happen when i was just on the “hifi” (cd-quality) tier.. i tried sample rate switch latnecy and the fade in fade out effects, which should resovle the problem, but hasn’t. Havnt made a ticket yet. Has anyone else had this problem after tidal updated? I use a wiim mini with optical out to my dac

I'm having the same issue with Qobuz after one of the recent Wiim firmware updates the clicking and popping sounds are back when sample rate changes. Very frustrating, a few of my customers have the same complaint, Wiim sent an update with a new button for fixed sample rate to one of my customers but it didn't fix the issue.

@zeusbones
What dac have you got?
Quite often this is the external dac locking on to the changed sample rate signal, and is the dac's issue as it's not muting the output while doing this.
(Please don't flame me, I tried to qualify it with 'quite often'!)

The setting to restrict (i.e. downsample if necessary) the sample rate and bit depth output has been in the app for quite some time - you could try setting that to effectively go back to the equivalent of the old tidal hifi plan settings.

re. the update with fixed sample rate (up/down as necessary), yes, I don't think that's generally available yet.
Strange to hear that hasn't worked...

I've set the sampling rate back to 16/44 on mine and still have the issue. This issue was resolved months ago, but after one of the recent firmware updates it all changed again..

@zeusbones
What dac have you got?
Quite often this is the external dac locking on to the changed sample rate signal, and is the dac's issue as it's not muting the output while doing this.
(Please don't flame me, I tried to qualify it with 'quite often'!)

The setting to restrict (i.e. downsample if necessary) the sample rate and bit depth output has been in the app for quite some time - you could try setting that to effectively go back to the equivalent of the old tidal hifi plan settings.

re. the update with fixed sample rate (up/down as necessary), yes, I don't think that's generally available yet.
Strange to hear that hasn't worked...
I have an AMC XIA50SE which has a built in dac (not sure what it is, but it does do 24/192) it sounds great, but the static is annoying. I’ll probably just go back to 16/44.1

I've set the sampling rate back to 16/44 on mine and still have the issue. This issue was resolved months ago, but after one of the recent firmware updates it all changed again..
That’s strange.. i only have the issue when i have it set to 24/192

Back