Pro - Multiroom Highe Res Audio with Amazon?

Witterings

I know the Mini's weren't able to play high res mutiroom music using Amazon Music Unlimited but am I right in thinking this was resolved with the Pros, in other words if you're playing a 24/192 track multiroom to 2 or more Pros, will they both play at 24/192 or does it get scaled back / reduced to say CD quality?

I know the Mini's weren't able to play high res mutiroom music using Amazon Music Unlimited but am I right in thinking this was resolved with the Pros, in other words if you're playing a 24/192 track multiroom to 2 or more Pros, will they both play at 24/192 or does it get scaled back / reduced to say CD quality?
On my device, when the Pro is the master device, it is HD. Other combinations give strange results.

Ultra + Pro =24bit/48kHz
Ultra + Amp Pro =24/48
Ultra + Amp =24/48
Amp pro + Pro =24/48
Amp pro + Ultra =24/48

Amp + Pro =16/44.1
Pro + Ultra =16/44.1
Amp + Ultra =16/44.1

At least in my case only the combination of Ultra and Amp Pro can play 24/48 on both sides. (Note that the rate indication shown in WHA is error prone, so be careful).

I think Amazon MRM groups themselves don’t support more than 24/48 from tests I’ve done before. There’s no point in asking Amazon to confirm that as their agents wouldn’t understand the question…

Edit: note that 24/48 conveniently ticks the UHD box…

Last edited:
On my device, when the Pro is the master device, it is HD. Other combinations give strange results.

Ultra + Pro =24bit/48kHz
Ultra + Amp Pro =24/48
Ultra + Amp =24/48
Amp pro + Pro =24/48
Amp pro + Ultra =24/48

Amp + Pro =16/44.1
Pro + Ultra =16/44.1
Amp + Ultra =16/44.1

At least in my case only the combination of Ultra and Amp Pro can play 24/48 on both sides. (Note that the rate indication shown in WHA is error prone, so be careful).
Those are strange results - it does lean towards the Ultra and the Amp Pro behaving differently when masters in an Alexa MRM group.

Edit: although I guess you’re grouping in the WiiM app as you talk of a master device which you can’t choose in Alexa. I wonder what results you get if you group in the Alexa app?

Last edited:
Those are strange results - it does lean towards the Ultra and the Amp Pro behaving differently when masters in an Alexa MRM group.

Edit: although I guess you’re grouping in the WiiM app as you talk of a master device which you can’t choose in Alexa. I wonder what results you get if you group in the Alexa app?
Yes, I haven't tried the Alexa group yet.

I have to install a dishwasher in my kitchen today! Thus, I may test it later. 😅

Btw Amp pro sometimes gave me this error and I had to play other tracks (or playlists) several times before returning to the test track.

<16/48>
1000001255.jpg

Back