Bit Perfect Streaming with powered speakers plugged direct into line out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I attached the Quobuz direct page and then the one via wiim app
Just to add...
I'm not at home and I don't remember/know if, when using Chromecast, the WiiM's digital output settings are still effective or if Qobuz still sends its limited 96KHz stream to the WiiM regardless of those settings.

In any case, to make sure that Qobuz tracks are played as they should be, leave all settings at maximum and enable fixed volume.

Also, if you want to reach 192kHz when available and read the sample rates, play from the WiiM app itself, logging into Qobuz and setting it to maximum quality or switch to Tidal...
You still haven't understood that: only in the case of RCA connection, on the wiim app settings there are no adjustments there is no bit or sampling setting to be set to maximum. stop

Instead With the other connections to the amplifier such as coaxial and optical YES it is possible to adjust from the wiim app menu.

Moderator note: @paoloinnocenzi Please post in English on this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand all too well, grazie, having used Qobuz inter alia and all WiiM devices ever since they were available. I think our conversation has probably come to an end...

I attached the Quobuz direct page and then the one via the wiim app

You still haven't understood that: only in the case of RCA connection, on the wiim app settings it does not provide for adjustments, there is no bit or sampling setting to be set to maximum. stop

Instead, with the other connections to the amplifier such as coaxial and optical, YES it is possible to adjust from the wiim app menu.
Because using analog, the file that comes from qobuz or others, is still treated at its maximum resolution.

The digital port settings are used to limit the resolution, in case your dac has limits and cannot hook up.

With your roksan, only analog, you can rest assured that what comes from the analog output is at the highest possible quality, up to the 96KHz allowed by chromecast and Qobuz.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread has been going round in circles, with the same questions being asked, and answered over and over again.

I think that it has run its course, so I'm closing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back