Pro Plus clicking during line in input

salamander

My Pro Plus: A810 - running 4.8.616634 - build 20240511

has started making a digital clicking/poping noise when playing music through the line input. I swapped out the Wiim with my other preamp and the sound goes away. Optical and wifi both sound fine, no clicking/poping.

My chain is: Turntable → Phono Preamp → Wiim → Amp → speakers

It sounds like a digital click or pop and it occurs when the beat/bass drum hits. Otherwise it sounds normal. If the music has no drums/beat then the click is not present. As soon as the dynamic range increases, the noise comes back. EQ does not make a difference. I did a factory reset and it did not improve.

When I removed the Wiim from my signal path and plugged in my other preamp the sound went away, so I'm confident the Wiim is the problem. It was working fine in the past, I am not sure if the issue started with the latest update because I was out of town until recently

Has anybody seen this?
Thanks

Not sure what is going on with your WiiM pro plus, but these may be worth a try.
  • Change the Line Out Level
  • Lower the Volume limit value
  • Change the power adapter (charger) and cable connected to the WiiM
And please submit a support ticket through the feedback section of the WiiM app. A device log will be sent to help resolve the issue.

Best case to do submit via wiim app. Ethernet not detected after I plug in a cable not sure what’s going on if it’s bad port or firmware issue. I even did factory reset and replace cable to no avail.

Not sure what is going on with your WiiM pro plus, but these may be worth a try.
  • Change the Line Out Level
  • Lower the Volume limit value
  • Change the power adapter (charger) and cable connected to the WiiM
And please submit a support ticket through the feedback section of the WiiM app. A device log will be sent to help resolve the issue.
Best advice to do is to send them message via app and the log will go with them. If you’re listening to explicit music they would know and remember you as bad dog. 😂

While waiting for support to come back. You could check that the phono preamp does not exceed 2vrms which is the limit of the line input on the Pro Plus. But if it was working fine before the latest update it may not be this.
Additionally check that all eq/peq is off, and test again.
Did you lower the volume limit as previously suggested?
Good luck.

Back