Pro Plus Turned Itself On

Taiga

I was sitting and reading. The TV was on but I was not touching nor near any remote controllers. My new WiiM Pro Plus suddenly turned on, front light began flashing colors for several seconds, then it turned steady white. During this time the relay turned on my power amp that has no remote controller (Hypex NC502NP from Audiophonics). Then my DAC turned on that is connected to the optical output of the Pro Plus. No music played. After 30 seconds it went back into standby mode based on my setting (the WiiM and my Amp lights went out).

I live in a rural area with no nearby neighbors. Any idea on what may have caused this? I don’t see that I had a firmware update. My default input is WiFi and my ap is not set to auto-sense line-in (which I do not use) or optical-in (which connects to my TV).

p.s. all of this happened while I was reading a thread about UFOs on AudioScience Review (ASR). 😀

Hi Taiga,

There's a routine housekeeping task on the WiiM Pro Plus that will temporarily enable the trigger-out function. We will release a firmware fix shortly. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

FYI - Everything turned itself on and off again just now. Thought it might be a firmware update, but still my app is still showing previous versions for the WiiM Home and the Pro Plus.

I would notice my WiiM Pro Plus would randomly wake up and start playing music shortly (20-30mins or so) after a pause it, i was using the youtube music app, ithink the power settings on my android phone would put the the yt music app to sleep and when it was allowed to wake up it would start playing music again. i removed the yt music app from any power saving settings and its been ok since.

Back