Problem Bluetooth out with WiiM Mini when linked for Multiroom

derdack

I have a WiiM Pro Plus, which is connected to the conventional stereo system via line-out (analog). Now I also have bought a WiiM Mini for built up a little multiroom system, which is connected to a JBL Flip via Bluetooth Out. The WiiM Pro Plus is the main device. Both WiiMs are to be linked for multiroom.
The problem is now that when the divices are linking, the Bluetooth signal to the WiiM Mini is chopped off.
If I use only the Mini for bluetooth out, without linking, the signal is clear.
If I switch the linking, that the WiiM Mini is the main device and the WiiM Pro Plus is the second device, the signal is clear.
I have already tested the second Mini, as I thought there was an error at the beginning. But the Problem is still the same.
I want to use the WiiM Pro Plus as main device. So changing devices is not my solution. I tested also another Bluetooth box. Problem is still the same.
Is there a solution for this problem?
Thanks a lot in advance.

I have a WiiM Pro Plus, which is connected to the conventional stereo system via line-out (analog). Now I also have bought a WiiM Mini for built up a little multiroom system, which is connected to a JBL Flip via Bluetooth Out. The WiiM Pro Plus is the main device. Both WiiMs are to be linked for multiroom.
The problem is now that when the divices are linking, the Bluetooth signal to the WiiM Mini is chopped off.
If I switch the linking, that the WiiM Mini is the main device and the WiiM Pro Plus is the second device, the signal is clear.
I have already tested the second Mini, as I thought there was an error at the beginning. But the Problem is still the same.
I want to use the WiiM Pro Plus as main device. So changing devices is not my solution. I tested also another Bluetooth box. Problem is still the same.
Thanks a lot in advance.

I have tested that issue before and had the same results as you. There is probably no workaround. Basically, you need to make the WiiM device that uses Bluetooth the host (main) of the group. (Make sure the mini is connected to 5GHz Wi-Fi just to be sure)

However, in my previous testing, I was able to get Bluetooth output on up to 2 of the 3 devices in the Pro, amp, and Ultra groups; when I connected all 3 devices via Bluetooth, I got a drop on the pro. This was verified at my house and may not be reproducible at yours, but I think there is still a possibility that replacing the Mini with the Pro could solve the problem.

Dear Wiimer, thanks a lot for your quick response.
The WiiM`s are connected ti a 2.4GHz Wifi. I will test it with the 5.0GHz Wifi.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Before, please check this.

Create a group with the Mini as the main device and connect the Bluetooth out of the Pro Plus to the JBL Flip. If there are no problems with JBL playback in this situation, replacing the Mini with another WiiM will increase the chances of a solution.

Desr Wiimer, I tested the connection with the 5GHz Wifi. Still the same problem.
I also tested linking with the Mini as main device and the pro with Bluetooth out.
Still the same problem.

Desr Wiimer, I tested the connection with the 5GHz Wifi. Still the same problem.
I also tested linking with the Mini as main device and the pro with Bluetooth out.
Still the same problem.
In that case, it seems difficult to find a breakthrough at present, but there is hope in the upcoming release of DLNA Cast.

WiiM >> (DLNA Cast) >> your phone >> (Bluetooth out) >> JBL Flip

I think there is little chance of sound chopped off with this connection.
But the Mini is not DLNA Cast compatible.

Unfortunately I have no more ideas, so I suggest you submit a support ticket through the feedback section of the WiiM app and ask if there is another solution.

Ok. Thanks a lot. I open a ticket at the WiiM support. I will give them a chance to find a solution.

Back