Quality wise, does a cell phone wi-fi input equal a desktop PC wi-fi input?

NickMDal

I can't seem to make sense out of the desktop app. Not surprised as it's beta.

If we play from a cell to wi-fi, is the signal digital all the way to the WiiM pro DAC? In other words, quality-wise, is the cell just as good as the desktop PC for a wi-fi source?

What do you mean by wifi source?
That your pro is using wifi rather than ethernet?

Spotify connect? Tidal connect? Qobuz via chromecast? Amazon? As an example, your phone is essentially just a remote control for these; wim pro is directly getting the data from the internet.

Bluetooth? Airplay? That's coming from your phone.

Sorry for not specifying. All content is local lossless. The cell has the same folder tree as all local PCs. Files are synched between all PCs and cell.

The WiiM Pro uses wi-fi from either the cell or desktop. Both are on the same wi-fi network.

So I'm wondering if a cell playing lossless content to WiiM is just a bitperfect transmission to the Pro's DAC.

Sorry for not specifying. All content is local lossless. The cell has the same folder tree as all local PCs. Files are synched between all PCs and cell.

The WiiM Pro uses wi-fi from either the cell or desktop. Both are on the same wi-fi network.

So I'm wondering if a cell playing lossless content to WiiM is just a bitperfect transmission to the Pro's DAC.
Provided it’s not sent by Bluetooth, Airplay or Chromecast then it should be unaltered

Back