Question about Output Resolution

erictheperic

Hello everyone,

Sadly, I'm not an audio expert, and I can't find a definitive answer to my question, so I thought I would try with the WiiM experts.

I recently bought a WiiM Pro, and I have connected it to my Edifier S2000Pro speakers, which should support a 24bit/192khz signal.

Now when I try setting a output resolution higher than 24bit/48khz (via the WiiM Home app), a hissing sound is introduced, making the sound unlistenable.
This happens with the test sound in the app, as well as normal sources (Wifi and S/PDIF input). I've tried a Coax cable and S/PDIF cable (the one I got with the WiiM Pro).

As I said I'm not an audio expert, so I added a screenshot of the S2000Pro product page that describes the DAC/ADC.

Can someone tell me if the speakers do or don't support 24bit/192khz signal from the WiiM?

Attachments

• S2000Pro.jpg
    S2000Pro.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 10
Yes the specs show 192kHz digital input support, it actually states 216khz for the SPDIF and Coax.

I'm not sure why this is generating noise, I'm running 192kHz from my Pro with no issues.

Unless you have content with this sample rate you can use a lower setting, you could otherwise try using the analog (RCA) output.

Last edited:
Yes the specs show 192kHz digital input support, it actually states 216khz for the SPDIF and Coax.

I'm not sure why this is generating noise, I'm running 192kHz from my Pro with no issues.

Unless you have content with this sample rate you can use a lower setting, you could otherwise try using the analog (RCA) output.
Thanks for your reply!

Back