Questions about room equalization and target curves

TimWii

I've read other threads about room EQ but some stretch so deep I thought I'd start a new one with these questions.

1) I've done my room EQ using the B+K curve. Can I assume that once the EQ has been done that the EQ changes are static and not on-going?

2) When I go into the EQ sub-screen I see the EQ is set to Auto. If I then save it the EQ is then active with the parameters determined by AUTO but is kept for my use in the future? That is should I then do another full room EQ I can always return to the previous one?

3) From the little I've read on the B+K curve it seems to be governed by headphone usage. Are the B+K goals also valid for speakers?

Thanks for your help.

GEAR
Latest firmware Wiim PRO
Ethernet in, coax out to Marantz PM6007 to Audiovector floor standers
Spotify (whatever the best resolution is)

And digging Van the man's Astral Weeks

Save your room eq BK corrected curve by renaming it, then it stays there to select whenever.
What is the audio difference you feel?

I used BK as well. It sound (for me) most natural. But that may depend on personal taste, equipment and room…

Just today I found that room correction works for Android, moreover with external USB mic Umik. So it is Christmas...
I set all 3 types of curves correction and switch between. Enjoying Harmann the most, but not very very different of BK.

Save your room eq BK corrected curve by renaming it, then it stays there to select whenever.
What is the audio difference you feel?
In my 20x16’ wood floor, wood walls, wood vaulted ceiling room using Audiovector qr 3s either side of a stone fireplace with 70 year old ears I found most music ( Jazz, melodic singing, rarely rock) a little muffled with no EQ. The first run throughs with B&K eq made Astral Weeks Ballerina vocals a little shrill.

However by re running the EQ through the full calibration and then “check calibration “ I found a happy medium.

Of course what seems to go unremarked in discussions is that recordings are all different, some emphasis this some that. Overall I think what EQ did for me is reduce some of the boominess of the low end and eliminate the muffle of the mid.

What stands out is how much I’m enjoying music with an entirely new top to bottom system setup.

Back