Random Factory Resets

bever70

I seem to be getting several random factory data resets with my Ultra. Mostly after doing a firmware update. It's a royal PITA as I need to redo my settings every time and especially my PEQ/RC settings. Anyone else experiencing this?

Tried different outlet, tried different cables. Still getting resets and device shutting down. I'm trying room correction at the moment. Has this got something to do with it?!

Tried different outlet, tried different cables. Still getting resets and device shutting down. I'm trying room correction at the moment. Has this got something to do with it?!
I’d doubt it, I’ve run RC several times on my Ultra. Hopefully WiiM’s engineers will identify why this is occurring h in your unit.

Each time I'm in the process of re-installing it, it just shuts down. I'm about to smack it to the wall. Chromecast issues, now this...

I’d doubt it, I’ve run RC several times on my Ultra. Hopefully WiiM’s engineers will identify why this is occurring h in your unit.
They suggest I disconnect it from the mains for a day to see if it solves the issue, which is what I will try next.

Please let us know at the end what was the reason and if the problem is fixed
I disconnected from the mains overnight and plugged it back in a few hours ago. At the moment it's stable but I haven't been messing around with room correction yet which seemed to have triggered the random behaviour yesterday.

What about the play/pause button? Could it be it's somehow stiff or rubbing inside the volume knob? Try pushing it a couple of times, turn the volume knob back and forth and push the button some more. It's just a guess, but a defective or just mechanically sticking button could be causing such problems.

I seem to be getting several random factory data resets with my Ultra. Mostly after doing a firmware update. It's a royal PITA as I need to redo my settings every time and especially my PEQ/RC settings. Anyone else experiencing this?
Not having that trouble, I did learn that if you have two or more grouped it's best to ungrouped before updating?

No idea if that helps or not.
Jeff

Not having that trouble, I did learn that if you have two or more grouped it's best to ungrouped before updating?

No idea if that helps or not.
Jeff
I never had my wiim pro and ultra grouped so that's not an issue. Fwiw, the problem seems to have been solved by off powering it for a day. Did the firmware update yesterday and no problems so far!

What about the play/pause button? Could it be it's somehow stiff or rubbing inside the volume knob? Try pushing it a couple of times, turn the volume knob back and forth and push the button some more. It's just a guess, but a defective or just mechanically sticking button could be causing such problems.
Yeah, I thought about that too. But all is well now after powering off for a day!

Yeah, I thought about that too. But all is well now after powering off for a day!
Good luck, I hope this is a permanent fix.

In the end these devices are really computers that happen to process audio data. :)

Back