Remote - Battery Drain

kwolter

I have several Wiim devices and recently I added a remote to one of my Mini’s. I paired the remote and it worked fine. A few days later I went to use it and no response. I checked the app and it wasn’t paired. I tried to pair it and no dice. I changed the batteries and it paired and worked normally. A few days later the same thing happened again. Changed the batteries to another new pair and it came back.

Assuming the batteries are fine (brand new lithium energizers from two different purchases), has anyone experienced a remote that drained batteries really quickly? I have two others coupled to other minis and they’ve been good for months.

🤔

I have several Wiim devices and recently I added a remote to one of my Mini’s. I paired the remote and it worked fine. A few days later I went to use it and no response. I checked the app and it wasn’t paired. I tried to pair it and no dice. I changed the batteries and it paired and worked normally. A few days later the same thing happened again. Changed the batteries to another new pair and it came back.

Assuming the batteries are fine (brand new lithium energizers from two different purchases), has anyone experienced a remote that drained batteries really quickly? I have two others coupled to other minis and they’ve been good for months.

🤔
I only have one remote and the batteries have never been replaced.

How far away is the remote from the device? Obstructions and distance may cause the batteries to drain faster if the communication is blocked by obstructions. Please submit a support ticket through the feedback section of the WiiM app as it could be an initial failure. A log will also be sent with it to help resolve the issue.

How far away is the remote from the device? Obstructions and distance may cause the batteries to drain faster if the communication is blocked by obstructions. Please submit a support ticket through the feedback section of the WiiM app as it could be an initial failure. A log will also be sent with it to help resolve the issue.
No problem with mine either, still with the original batteries

The remote is kept in the same small room where the Mini is. Just to try something, I swapped the remote with one from another mini to see if it does the same with that device. I’ll create a ticket. Thx!

The remote is kept in the same small room where the Mini is. Just to try something, I swapped the remote with one from another mini to see if it does the same with that device. I’ll create a ticket. Thx!
Pretty clever approach.

No problems with my only remote for my only WiiM device (so far).

I'd assume that it takes more to drain a battery in one day than just the remote not finding the Mini. I switch my WiiM Amp off over the course of the day (bedroom system). How would the remote deal with that?

Hope you keep us posted.

So swapping the remotes between two different minis seems to be holding steady. Per the app, after two days the remote battery status is still listed as normal and work fine. Strange! 😉

Back