Room correction not working on phono?

Fralle

Iv'e det everything up and room correction sticks to everything across the board except phono. I'd thought for sure this was gonna work. Actually the main reason I bought the Ultra. Please say I am just doing something wrong.

Iv'e det everything up and room correction sticks to everything across the board except phono. I'd thought for sure this was gonna work. Actually the main reason I bought the Ultra. Please say I am just doing something wrong.
Have you selected the Room Correction PEQ for the Phono input.

Don’t have one and don’t know anything, but intuitively, I would expect room correction to default to all inputs.

It would be cool to have a record out while monitoring the phono. That was a standard feature of
vintage components.

Yes, it was default for all sources except phono where I couldn't get it to stick. Made the room correction again and now it's working. Weird though that it seems like the room correction is getting very different results everytime I do it again, altough the conditions are identical. Makes me think it's really not very accurate?

Don’t have one and don’t know anything, but intuitively, I would expect room correction to default to all inputs.

It would be cool to have a record out while monitoring the phono. That was a standard feature of
vintage components.
What don't you have? You can easily check what PEQ is applied to each input from the PEQ setup page. Just select the input and check which EQ filters are ticked.

Yes, it was default for all sources except phono where I couldn't get it to stick. Made the room correction again and now it's working. Weird though that it seems like the room correction is getting very different results everytime I do it again, altough the conditions are identical. Makes me think it's really not very accurate?
I find I get more consistent results if I manually turn off EQ before doing the Room Correction measurement.

I find I get more consistent results if I manually turn off EQ before doing the Room Correction measurement.
I'll try that friend, thanks! Do you use iOS or Android? Iv'e tried both and also using the Dayton audio IMM-6. Surprisingly the results are even more inconvenient with the Dayton audio mic.

There 3 are done with Dayton audio from the exact same position with the exact same volume. First with Android and second two with iOS. Don't really know how to even work with those results since they are so far off from each other.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240920-230040_WiiM_Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20240920-230040_WiiM_Home.jpg
    787.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20240920-230044_WiiM_Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20240920-230044_WiiM_Home.jpg
    788.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20240920-230049_WiiM_Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20240920-230049_WiiM_Home.jpg
    791.1 KB · Views: 4
It’s the nature of rooms that even a few inches can make a big difference. All those smooth curves are averages.

What don't you have? You can easily check what PEQ is applied to each input from the PEQ setup page. Just select the input and check which EQ filters are ticked.
Don’t have a Wiim, yet. Turns out, my preference is the default, but maybe quirky.

Back