Room correction

Was going to do a separate post but saw this
The Room correction is in the WiiM home app on my pixel 6a, for my Pro plus but I left it alone as I'm on android, Thursday night i saw it and thought, what can possibly go wrong and ran it on my phone, the graph showed a big boost about 50hz and looked just wrong
The next morning sober I remembered, tried listening and didn't like the adjustments,on a whim (lol) I decided to run it again making sure my phone microphone was facing forwards
It still adjusted -4 for around 50 Hz and showed the intended graph,aa people who have tried it also reruns the test after it's settings are applied and boy did it come close to the intended curve,
Tried swapping between my EQ settings and the WiiM home settings, my wiim is now running on the wiim settings, night and day difference and I know it shouldn't work but worth a try
On another note it's ironic you need an apple device for Room correction in the ultra but can't use airplay,
just my experience and no harm trying

You don’t need an apple device to use room correction on the Ultra - I can happily use my android phone, albeit with an external mic, to run room correction
Wiim stated that the app was tuned for apple devices microphone aa they know the specs are consistent, and multiple posts complaining about it, Denon etc supply a microphone because the room correction is built around the microphone response, I was actually surprised i have the option in the menu and shocked it worked
Might run it again on my 7 pro, just lucky I liked the results and as I said it was worth a try
Mine was on my Pro plus but my ultra is waiting to be unboxed next to me, hope i notice an improvement, still waiting to swap my old Sony 1040 for my Denon x3700 and wondering now if my Denon has a better inbuilt Dac than my wiims, time will tell

Wiim stated that the app was tuned for apple devices microphone aa they know the specs are consistent, and multiple posts complaining about it
Completely outdated information.

Room correction is available on iOS and Android devices as well. There is still a lot more variation with mics built into Android phones than into iPhones. But it's often good enough for correcting the most important frequency range and you can easily use a higher quality external mic with your phone.

Completely outdated information.

Room correction is available on iOS and Android devices as well. There is still a lot more variation with mics built into Android phones than into iPhones. But it's often good enough for correcting the most important frequency range and you can easily use a higher quality external mic with your phone.
I didn't know the android version was released now sorry
Thought i had just been lucky and was really surprised it worked, getting myself a bargain 11" android tablet because I hate my fire tablet Amazon restrictions and it'll be easier to set up my x3700 audysey on a bigger display than my phone

What is the frequency range where this RC operates reliably?

My trial runs with the Amp Pro show different corrections for different runs and fairly drastic corrections that make little sense.

My trial runs with the Amp Pro show different corrections for different runs and fairly drastic corrections that make little sense.
Manually turning off EQ before repeated runs might help. It shouldn't but it seems to.
Also which mic are you using?

Is the mic always at the very same position? If not, modes can effect different results.
I have also slight variations, however the basic correction curve stays always the same.

I correct up to around 400Hz…

Is the mic always at the very same position? If not, modes can effect different results.
I have also slight variations, however the basic correction curve stays always the same.

I correct up to around 400Hz…

iOS bottom iPhone mic. Same position.

You correct from 20Hz to 400hz? Some say botoom end should be higher. No mid-high frequencies? Default seems to ne 40-4k. In any case, the corrections I see seem way too curvy/complex/notchy to seem right.

iOS bottom iPhone mic. Same position.

You correct from 20Hz to 400hz? Some say botoom end should be higher. No mid-high frequencies? Default seems to ne 40-4k. In any case, the corrections I see seem way too curvy/complex/notchy to seem right.
I did some experimenting using iPhone 16 pro max. If you follow the picture it tells you point iPhone bottom in between the speaker. I wasn’t getting flat curve using flat. What I did was used the mic from the back where camera was located. I point the back between the speaker and I got ruler flat. I was satisfied with the result.

Back