Schiit Modi 24/192

Slunzer

Hi All,

I have my mini connected to a Schiit Modi dac, but can't stream above 24/96. I’m using the optical connect, streaming from Qobuz and Amazon. Schiit states that the Modi will work with 24/192 streams. Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi All,

I have my mini connected to a Schiit Modi dac, but can't stream above 24/96. I’m using the optical connect, streaming from Qobuz and Amazon. Schiit states that the Modi will work with 24/192 streams. Any suggestions?
Thanks!
I have that dac it’s finicky when it comes to cable. The cable that came from wiim works 192khz. Third party cable don’t play nicely on their dac.

Thanks so much Brantome and Smartplug. I unplugged and plugged my cable (Audioquest Cinnamon). Afterward, there was some sound at 24/192 but it was glitchy...played for a few seconds, stopped, played again. I tried the original WiiM cable and it didn't work at all. Not sure what to do next. May be time to upgrade to the Ultra.

Thanks so much Brantome and Smartplug. I unplugged and plugged my cable (Audioquest Cinnamon). Afterward, there was some sound at 24/192 but it was glitchy...played for a few seconds, stopped, played again. I tried the original WiiM cable and it didn't work at all. Not sure what to do next. May be time to upgrade to the Ultra.
If that’s the case, use coax cable. I found on mine using coax even cheap one work. I’m not sure why schiit is finicky on optical and not on coax. Try that out and let us know. I have 2 dacs from them regular modi and multibits. To my ear, multibit really has strong bass and mid where users calling them meat on the bone. My favorite and most transparent and balanced to my ear was smsl do200 mikii. I have pro connected to smsl via optical then from smsl to amp via xlr. Polk legend known to be power hungry for having 4 ohms and low sensitivity. I have them being fed on 450 watt mono block. Sound with wiim RC bring music artist to life. Let us know!

Back