Set max volume

laurencei

Hi,

I've got 3x Fosi Amps that are awesome.

The only issue is the "max volume" on the devices is sooooo loud it is too much - if someone tries to stream from Spotify at 100% volume - it just blasts the house. The speakers are passive and only small 6".

I want to set a hard limit on the device that "100% volume" from any stream is sent to the speaker at more like 40% volume.

Any way to do this?

Hi,

I've got 3x Fosi Amps that are awesome.

The only issue is the "max volume" on the devices is sooooo loud it is too much - if someone tries to stream from Spotify at 100% volume - it just blasts the house. The speakers are passive and only small 6".

I want to set a hard limit on the device that "100% volume" from any stream is sent to the speaker at more like 40% volume.

Any way to do this?
Isn't that the 'Volume limit' option within 'Audio Settings' in the Device menu?

Isn't that the 'Volume limit' option within 'Audio Settings' in the Device menu?
Hmmm - I dont see that option on the iPhone Wim app? I just checked again.

But it sounds like exactly what I am looking for.

What app/device do you see that option on?

I'm using Android, but I'm sure ios should have it too!
Got the latest app?
Screenshot_20240123-155516_WiiM Home.jpg

I dont have any of those options.

When I click the "devices" tab and click on the settings option for any device - these are my options.

(The app store is telling me I am on the latest version). I dont have an andriod - but I'm sure one of my friends do so I'll get someone to come over on the weekend and test).

1706007665634.png

I dont have any of those options.

When I click the "devices" tab and click on the settings option for any device - these are my options.

(The app store is telling me I am on the latest version). I dont have an andriod - but I'm sure one of my friends do so I'll get someone to come over on the weekend and test).

View attachment 4733

Please reboot your WiiM device (unplug the power cable and stab it one more time).
If you still don't see it, try reinstalling the WiiM app.

Before that, charge your phone. 😂

There're a whole heap of settings missing from that screenshot!
Seems you have 3 wiims, and if the device settings for all of them are missing the options then try to uninstall / reinstall the app, as Wiimer suggests.

I don't think they are missing because the phone has too little power left to display them all... :ROFLMAO:

Make sure you‘re using the WiiM Home app, not WiiM Pod not any other variations of Linkplay related device apps. That screenshot just looks like the top third of what that page should look like.

This is not a Fosi forum ... ;)

... and it's unlikely that Fosi hardware supports all the features of WiiM products.

This is not a Fosi forum ... ;)

... and it's unlikely that Fosi hardware supports all the features of WiiM products.
Good spot - I didn’t know Fosi hardware could be accessed via the WiiM app. I had presumed that WiiM devices were feeding into the amps.

I don’t know if Fosi have a forum where these questions can better be answered - as you say, this is a WiiM forum.

Thanks

This seems pretty clear to me (from original post), so I guess it's not just a funny choice of device name.

Maybe you're right.
The Fosi T10 seems to appear in the WiiM app.

Haha - yeah, my phone was charging when I took the screenshot :)

I've deleted the app fully. Reinstalled it "Wiim Home". App version 2.8.2.24011717

I've also physically hard power cycled rebooted all devices.

No change.

But I noticed something about the menu as I select - there is an option regarding "standby mode" that briefly appears and then disappears. I'm wondering if that is hiding the other options after that?

On the android what do you see? I know I'm using a Fosi amp, but I would expect to at least see the audio options config menu, even if not many options inside of it?

I took a video to show what I'm seeing and editted it:

fosi.gif

So there were some replies in between me typing.

The Fosi Amp lists Wiim as the main software on their pages and support documents? So I was assuming it was all supported? Its listed everywhere and all the youtube reviews at the time mention Wiim support. But I guess content creators might have had it backwards...

I see one of the posts refers to a legacy Android version that might be needed - I guess I'll try that... thanks...

Last edited:

The Fosi Amp lists Wiim as the main software on their pages and support documents? So I was assuming it was all supported?
Please try Legacy Player.

The Fosi Amp lists Wiim as the main software on their pages and support documents? So I was assuming it was all supported?
Different kit with different hardware/ firmware and different app. I understand the “Legacy Player” app by Linkplay Technologies (which opens up as WiiM Legacy) is the recommended app for your amp. The WiiM Home app is the recommended app for WiiM branded devices, and isn’t exchangeable even though both Fosi and WiiM may use similar underlying Linkplay modules, and the apps may well share a common core.

I’m afraid the WiiM Home app won’t confer abilities on the Fosi amps that the latter’s hardware or firmware don’t have.

Last edited:
The WiiM Home app is the recommended app for WiiM branded devices, and isn’t exchangeable even though both Fosi and WiiM may use similar underlying Linkplay modules, and the apps may well share a common core.

On the official Fosi documents and Fosi FAQ is says to use the WiiM Home app, not the legacy app: https://fosiaudio.com/pages/faqs-1

I'll email them and see what they say - they might have it wrong themselves. Thanks for the advice.

I’m afraid the WiiM Home app won’t confer abilities on the Fosi amps that the latter’s hardware or firmware don’t have.

Yep - of course. Fair enough. The whole thing actually works at the moment - I just wanted this one extra feature, which maybe I cant have. My future purchases will be WiiM directly though - starting to learn the subtle differences...

Thanks everyone for your time and help.

If you can link three fosis to multi-room music with the WiiM app, you can also add one Mini and connect it with an AUX cable.

I think you can limit the volume with the Mini.

Back