Some questions about app UI when playing owned media

Just because you can... ;)

What's the point though? Hi-res multiroom?

EDIT: Is one mini per concurrent stream + a bunch of rpi+dac cheaper then Pros? Or do you not see the metadata of a Pro in LMS when being cast from Amazon?

The point exists only if you already have a full LMS system. By full I mean lots of players in rooms that you sync together. So HiRes Amazon Music in all rooms.

Mini because it’s cheapest and won’t do LMS properly so can be “wasted”. You would pump the audio into a Pi which can then be the source for all LMS players on sync basis. If you could grab the metadata it could be displayed in Material etc and on any LMS device with a screen.

The Pi would just be a Pi. No Dac. It’s if you like a gateway to LMS. I already have one that does the audio part at 16/44.1. It’s slightly different in that it takes the audio and presents it as a FLAC Internet Radio stream. No metadata. Using this I can pump the audio from a HiFi into LMS for multi room playback be it Amazon, a CD, FM radio or a turntable. I built it ages ago but piCorePlayer may now be a better option.

Last edited:
The point exists only if you already have a full LMS system. By full I mean lots of players in rooms that you sync together. So HiRes Amazon Music in all rooms.
Ok that makes sense, otherwise a set of Pros is probably the better, more flexible solution.

Back