Spotify multicast

allman97

Hi All,
Would like to understand if Spotify will stream multiple different songs/playlists simultaneously from a single account, to multiple Wiims?
For example, if I have three Wiims providing music to three different zones in my home, and I want to listen to different music in each zone, how does Spotify handle that?
Thanks in advance!

It doesn’t - whether you’re talking about WiiM devices or not. Spotify only allows one stream per account so you’d need a different account and a different instance of the Spotify app on a different device to achieve that.

Thanks Burnside; very helpful. As to Wiim; same scenario - will the Wiim app (single instance) send Spotify to one device (zone), Pandora to another device, and Amazon Music to a third?

Thanks Burnside; very helpful. As to Wiim; same scenario - will the Wiim app (single instance) send Spotify to one device (zone), Pandora to another device, and Amazon Music to a third?
Yeah, the WiiM app can control many devices independently or as part of a group with independent services.

Back