Stream Analog Source to Google Speakers?

Darrow94

After watching cheapaudioman's preview of this device, I jumped to the conclusion that WiiM Pro would be able to stream an analog source directly to Google speakers that I have all over the house. Come to find out, it is only able to stream such sources to other WiiM devices. Just wondering if there is any plan to add such functionality to the Wiim Pro.

After watching cheapaudioman's preview of this device, I jumped to the conclusion that WiiM Pro would be able to stream an analog source directly to Google speakers that I have all over the house. Come to find out, it is only able to stream such sources to other WiiM devices. Just wondering if there is any plan to add such functionality to the Wiim Pro.
I would tend to think not, at least with the current hardware, which isn't set up to be Chromecast-command capable. I'm not aware of anything that can directly broadcast analog output to Google/Nest speakers, if that's what you're trying to do, although if you connect a WiiM's analog output to a Google Home's analog input, there may be a kludgy way to make it work after a fashion (but be aware that your speakers may go out of synch). See: .

Last edited:
I would tend to think not, at least with the current hardware, which isn't set up to be Chromecast-command capable. I'm not aware of anything that can directly broadcast analog output to Google/Nest speakers, if that's what you're trying to do, although if you connect a WiiM's analog output to a Google Home's analog input, there may be a kludgy way to make it work after a fashion (but be aware that your speakers may go out of synch). See: .
Thanks for the reply. I've actually played with the methods in that thread, and they are clumsy at best. Was REALLY hoping this device was going to give me what I've been hoping for for years. Really disappointed that Google hasn't properly supported this from day one. I may end up ditching everything and going the Sonos route, which I'm not thrilled about.

as someone who is scratching their head every day, i was able to get a Icecast2 and Ices to run to google speakers using a raspi pi. (my plan was hopefully the WiiM did the same thing, and kicking myself for not reading this post first...) but that said.... the issue is the Sync, sooo here is where my thoughts came in next, setting it up through the same system, and broadcasting through snapserver (there is a way to use pulse audio to get to chromecast units) but again, you see how many different services it has to travel... that being said, if i find a way to do this ill let everyone here know :)

Back