Streaming Services in Windows Application

prborg

I cannot believe that in 2024 we still cannot connect to any of the streaming services from within the Windows App. It works great in Android (and I am assuming Apple) so I am not sure why this functionality is not available for Windows yet.

The Windows app is beta software. Mobile apps for iOS and Android are getting top priority from WiiM, following what the majority of users is after.

I cannot believe that in 2024 we still cannot connect to any of the streaming services from within the Windows App. It works great in Android (and I am assuming Apple) so I am not sure why this functionality is not available for Windows yet.
Perhaps because 99% of WiiM users prefer to use their phones?

Because it's 2024, desktop Windows is a secondary platform. Times are a changing;)

The Windows app is beta software. Mobile apps for iOS and Android are getting top priority from WiiM, following what the majority of users is after.
IK it is beta, it has been that way for waaaay to long and if they are not going to provide proper support and finish it, then it may make more sense to just drop it completely.

Why that? As long as it still proves useful for some on Planet earth?

Who knows - it could be that the streaming platforms themselves don’t provide a Windows API for WiiM to integrate into their windows app, preferring you to use the native windows apps themselves?

Who knows - it could be that the streaming platforms themselves don’t provide a Windows API for WiiM to integrate into their windows app, preferring you to use the native windows apps themselves?
that's probably not it - because tidal has integrated with, for example, DJ apps on windows and mac for AGES...

Back