Stuttering

I can supply the answer to that question. Connecting to the Amp with BT headphones is awful - stutter, clicks and a trilling sound.

WiiM are very aware of the issue but seem at a loss as to how to deal with it.

Steve

I've been in communication with Wiim support who advised changing DNS from 8.8.8.8. That made no difference. Also told to reboot, that made no difference too. Also seen on FAQs a similar problem and "proposed solution" for Qobus. Now looking like after the update, my amp has to be returned as no longer fit for purpose. Very frustrating.
Tidal quality setting? Log out and into account again?

UPDATE: on advice from Wiim support I have connected my Wiim by Bluetooth to my mobile phone, which is connected to my router by WiFi (NOT using the mobile network). The stuttering is thankfully gone, but of course, as I'm now using Bluetooth the quality of sound is reduced. Wiim support explanation is that the mobile phone could be using a different server from that used by the Wiim amp when it's connected directly to the WiFi, but is that really possible when the mobile phone is using the router WiFi anyway? I intend trying the Wiim amp with an ethernet cable when I can find one long enough. Wiim support have suggested I try connecting the amp to WiFi again "in a few weeks" to see if anything has changed. Obviously I don't want to be forced to use Bluetooth on a long term basis as if I do I could have simply kept my cheapo Bluetooth receiver and not purchase the Wiim amp at all.

I connected Wiim app and router with ethernet and the stutter is still there. Works fine when phone is connected via WiFi to router and BT to Wiim amp through the Tidal app. Is the conclusion it's a problem with Wiim app? If so, amp will have to been returned as I don't want to play via Tidal and Bluetooth permanently and have its reduced sound quality. Spent a huge amount of time on this now, when everything worked fine before.

I connected Wiim app and router with ethernet and the stutter is still there. Works fine when phone is connected via WiFi to router and BT to Wiim amp through the Tidal app. Is the conclusion it's a problem with Wiim app? If so, amp will have to been returned as I don't want to play via Tidal and Bluetooth permanently and have its reduced sound quality. Spent a huge amount of time on this now, when everything worked fine before.
Sorry, but for future reference, can you tell me the model of your phone?

Thank you.

Tidal quality setting?
Did you log out and into account in the WiiM Home App?

Have you tried installing the WiiMhome app on another phone or Tablet and trying to sync and play? something tells me that Huawei and its specific OS have something to do with this. Also trying some other Internet service like TuneIn for ex? this would at least rule out if Tidal is the problem. Again, my bet is that the Huawei phone is the problem.

Can it be the phone causing the stuttering when using Tidal Connect given that it's the Amp pulling from Tidal?
Is the queue even held on the phone? You should be able to put the phone in airplane mode and playback will continue.

I appreciate that we're running out of options, but It doesn't look like a different source has been tested or a factory reset, whilst wired ideally.

Last edited:
Wifi has been spotty from time to time. With some updates, it is a bit better but still weaker than other decices next to wiim.

I have a very similar problem as described here.
Two weeks old Amp, worked fine until a couple of days ago (maybe since newest update 5.0.628359).

Connected via wi-fi (very good signal strength according to app), playback on spotify connect, airplay and bluetooth all have same stuttering.
Tried factory reset, rebooted router, and today will try with a long ethernet cable, but I cannot see the wi-fi being the problem, since bluetooth has the same issues.
Very quick replies from Wiim support, but this is quite worrying behaviour of the Amp.

Here is a video of the stuttering:
View attachment IMG_3777.MP4

Very quick replies from Wiim support, but this is quite worrying behaviour of the Amp.
Did you submit your feedback directly through the WiiM Home App (Settings => Send us feedback)?

If you do it this way, device logs will be sent to WiiM, so they can analyse the issue.

Did you submit your feedback directly through the WiiM Home App (Settings => Send us feedback)?

If you do it this way, device logs will be sent to WiiM, so they can analyse the issue.
Yes I did, and have been mailing back and forth. So far I was told to turn off IPv6 and the preferred dns. Did not change anything.
Will try with an ethernet cable today, and if that works but wi-fi is failing, they will roll back the latest update.

Back