Sub Static + 2 FEATURE REQUESTS

yes. Also I have tested this problem extensively with some subs and cables to clarify the problem.
What does this sound like? When I turned the gain of my sub to maximum I could hear a repetitive sound possibly from the processor but I didn't try on standby. At normal gain with the gain knob at halfway it was inaudible.

Personally my first action would be grabbing a multimeter. The "elder" users might remember my experience with the early Amp..

What does this sound like? When I turned the gain of my sub to maximum I could hear a repetitive sound possibly from the processor but I didn't try on standby. At normal gain with the gain knob at halfway it was inaudible.
it's barely audible you need to put your ear up to it in a quiet room or you can put your hand on the subwoofer speaker and feel the vibration. when the sub is powered off or unplugged from the amp it's gone. it is a very low electric signal almost like a bad ground sound. which is what I thought it was initially before I did further testing.

I must add though, other than this sub issue, I really am enjoying this product. It has exceeded my expectations!

Hi rcon7,

If you hear a humming sound only when the Amp is in standby mode, please use a short cable with good magnetic isolation. Avoid placing the cable on the ground if possible. Additionally, check if the humming sound persists from your subwoofer when the cable is not plugged into the Amp. Thank you!
oh my god is the wiim team peddling snake oil nowadays?? 😱 recommending cable lifters now? 🤯

i may need to post another snake oil update ASAP!! wasn't aware the wiim team were eagerly anticipating another one until just now...

I'm waiting for a proper suggestion /explanation /solution from wiim. I have a couple weeks still to return it to Amazon if that doesn't happen. I can try ordering another one and see if it makes a difference or look somewhere else for another product. unfortunately there is not a lot out there that ticks all these boxes.
so none of the other users that have experienced this, even in this thread since December have any explanation or had it remedied?

I'm waiting for a proper suggestion /explanation /solution from wiim. I have a couple weeks still to return it to Amazon if that doesn't happen. I can try ordering another one and see if it makes a difference or look somewhere else for another product. unfortunately there is not a lot out there that ticks all these boxes.
so none of the other users that have experienced this, even in this thread since December have any explanation or had it remedied?
Do you have the same sound if the Amp isn't in standby? I just tried mine and get the same pulsing sound both in and out of standby if the sub gain is turned up to max. I can't feel or hear it at normal gain.

Do you have the same sound if the Amp isn't in standby? I just tried mine and get the same pulsing sound both in and out of standby if the sub gain is turned up to max. I can't feel or hear it at normal gain.
exactly as I experienced yes. sound/ vibration seems to go away when amp goes back on out of standby and low to no volume.

exactly as I experienced yes. sound/ vibration seems to go away when amp goes back on out of standby and low to no volume.
So not the same then. I get the same sound in standby or in normal operation. Only at gain levels you could never use.

So not the same then. I get the same sound in standby or in normal operation. Only at gain levels you could never use.

edit- on closer examination it is still there when out of standby and volume down or low. the only way the vibration of sub speaker stops completely is either disconnecting the sub cable from wiim to it or powering the sub off.

Last edited:
well strange as it sounds, this very specific low frequency hum/ vibration in the subwoofers has stopped in the last day and a half. I swapped out every possible cable I had throughout the process and it was still there, now it seems to have completely gone for what it's worth.
I will update here if anything changes.
no idea why, but if it stays like this I'm extremely happy as the rest of the unit satisfies everything I need out of a streamer amp.

well strange as it sounds, this very specific low frequency hum/ vibration in the subwoofers has stopped in the last day and a half. I swapped out every possible cable I had throughout the process and it was still there, now it seems to have completely gone for what it's worth.
I will update here if anything changes.
no idea why, but if it stays like this I'm extremely happy as the rest of the unit satisfies everything I need out of a streamer amp.
Which firmware, currently?

IMG_20240705_181959.jpg

Back