Subwoofer delay

DamagedGoods

Hi! I have a few questions regarding the Wiim Ultra’s subwoofer setup and calibration, which I hope someone here might be able to shed some light to.

Does the Ultra’s room correction adjust subwoofer too, i.e. below the chosen crossover frequency?

Is there adjustable delay/latency/phase for the subwoofer? And also, is it considered when calibrating auto room correction, like it is on an AVR (if subwoofer is supported at all in room correction)?

I’m currently using a DSpeaker Anti-Mode for my subwoofer that I may want to continue using, especially if the Ultra does not support EQ correction below crossover. But the Anti-Mode obviously add (quite a bit of) delay, which needs to be taken into account in the calibration process…

Hi! I have a few questions regarding the Wiim Ultra’s subwoofer setup and calibration, which I hope someone here might be able to shed some light to.

Does the Ultra’s room correction adjust subwoofer too, i.e. below the chosen crossover frequency?

Is there adjustable delay/latency/phase for the subwoofer? And also, is it considered when calibrating auto room correction, like it is on an AVR (if subwoofer is supported at all in room correction)?

I’m currently using a DSpeaker Anti-Mode for my subwoofer that I may want to continue using, especially if the Ultra does not support EQ correction below crossover. But the Anti-Mode obviously add (quite a bit of) delay, which needs to be taken into account in the calibration process…
Yes it does, it got many settings to tweak to your liking including two toggle that was added recently and timing either speaker or sub. It has toggle if you want sub to calibrated.

You specify the lower and the upper frequency limit for room calibration. There is an option to include subwoofer calibration or not. The latter will restrict RC to frequencies above the the crossover frequency, so effectively it increases the lower limit for RC.

Yes, it is. You can delay either the mains (which would be the most typical case) or the sub in 1 ms steps. Room calibration does not attempt to change this value. WiiM have released a beta version of automatic delay calibration, but it's not generally available yet.

There should be no need to use the Anti-Mode with the WiiM Ultra, but as of now the process of delay correction is manual.

You specify the lower and the upper frequency limit for room calibration. There is an option to include subwoofer calibration or not. The latter will restrict RC to frequencies above the the crossover frequency, so effectively it increases the lower limit for RC.

Yes, it is. You can delay either the mains (which would be the most typical case) or the sub in 1 ms steps. Room calibration does not attempt to change this value. WiiM have released a beta version of automatic delay calibration, but it's not generally available yet.

There should be no need to use the Anti-Mode with the WiiM Ultra, but as of now the process of delay correction is manual.
That’s good to hear. I guess I will have to measure group delay with REW or something in order to see what value I should set.

That’s good to hear. I guess I will have to measure group delay with REW or something in order to see what value I should set.
If you already have the equipment that's perfect. :) Those who don't currently have to listen for highest output at the crossover frequency.

If you already have the equipment that's perfect. :) Those who don't currently have to listen for highest output at the crossover frequency.
A Dayton iMM-6 and HouseCurve on the iPhone will be good enough I think. Measure in 5 ms steps until I hit the sweetspot. It will still take quite a few measurements to get it right I reckon. :)

Back