WiiM Amp Firmware v5.0.630342 Update - Sep 24, 2024

Really?
Are you using a subwoofer high cut? Or is the sub full range?
Crossover set 80, subwoofer bypass toggle on main speaker toggle off. Having it off, bass sound loose. I like the way it sound with this feature. How do you use yours?

Crossover set 80, subwoofer bypass toggle on main speaker toggle off. Having it off, bass sound loose. I like the way it sound with this feature. How do you use yours?
I recently added a sub and have two subs connect to the pro and they sound great with the KEF R3 meta.😄 I set the crossover to 110Hz and adjust the low pass with PEQ on the pro. This unfortunately prevents me from trying these two switches right now.

I recently added a sub and have two subs connect to the pro and they sound great with the KEF R3 meta.😄 I set the crossover to 110Hz and adjust the low pass with PEQ on the pro. This unfortunately prevents me from trying these two switches right now.
I hope they will include these features on ultra both toggle switches.

It was set on maximum like before but if you set the crossover on app it changes the impact of the bass when subwoofer bypass is enabled.
I think I would try different crossover settings on the subwoofer. When I set the crossover on the app to the highest value the result was very odd. This was before the latest settings were available.

I think I would try different crossover settings on the subwoofer. When I set the crossover on the app to the highest value the result was very odd. This was before the latest settings were available.
Like what wiim explained, if the crossover on app set let say 80 above that goes to the main but sub get full range. If both toggle are off crossover below go to sub and above go to the main. With both toggle off, the bass impact was loose and less defining. Try set your sub at maximum and adjust the sub volume accordingly to ensure seamless response then play on app crossover and enable sub bypass only. Let me know how you like the sound.

Like what wiim explained, if the crossover on app set let say 80 above that goes to the main but sub get full range. If both toggle are off crossover below go to sub and above go to the main. With both toggle off, the bass impact was loose and less defining. Try set your sub at maximum and adjust the sub volume accordingly to ensure seamless response then play on app crossover and enable sub bypass only. Let me know how you like the sound.
I wouldn't want my Sub trying to reproduce the full frequency range.

I wouldn't want my Sub trying to reproduce the full frequency range.
Having both toggle off, I did not like the way it sound. I’m don’t like sub that produce loose bass. It has to be tight and solid. This is the reason why wiim include those because everyone preference is different so there is setting you might like. Why don’t you try it you have nothing to loose if you don’t like it.

Having both toggle off, I did not like the way it sound. I’m don’t like sub that produce loose bass. It has to be tight and solid. This is the reason why wiim include those because everyone preference is different so there is setting you might like. Why don’t you try it you have nothing to loose if you don’t like it.
The bass shouldn't be loose in those conditions though if only the sub is contributing. Assuming the level is correct.

The bass shouldn't be loose in those conditions though if only the sub is contributing. Assuming the level is correct.
We can talk about this all day but the bottom line let you ear tells you if did more harm than good. You can also run RC after the setting which will increase your listening experience.

This! You’re doing it wrong. Setting the crossover at 250 when subwoofer in bypass mode will definitely ruin your sound. This is why you’re getting odd sound.

This! You’re doing it wrong. Setting the crossover at 250 when subwoofer in bypass mode will definitely ruin your sound. This is why you’re getting odd sound.
Maybe I misunderstand it but if you send frequencies even higher than 250 to the sub it will sound even worse. Subs aren't normally designed to work that high.
I can't try these new toggle switches as I am still on the beta firmware for independent channel room correction but get the feeling I am wasting my time as WiiM have stopped responding to any feedback about it.

I would never cross a sub above 100hz as it's just starting to get directional around that frequency

Back