Syncing an Ultra playing files off of a USB hard drive with a Pro

Bill Mac

I'm using a WiiM Mini and Pro in two different systems and really like the ability to sync both when playing Qobuz. Not having a clue on how the sync process works could I sync an Ultra and a Pro so both are playing files from a USB hard drive connected to the Ultra? Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this.

On the devices page in the WiiM home app, select your first device then the little chain icon in its box and then link your second device. You can then choose any source in the browse page to then play to both in sync.

On the devices page in the WiiM home app, select your first device then the little chain icon in its box and then link your second device. You can then choose any source in the browse page to then play to both in sync.
Excellent... thanks! I was hoping it was that easy. Never had any issues using the sync feature on the Mini and Pro. I just thought that there might be an issue as the Pro doesn't have the capability to play files from a USB hard drive.

Excellent... thanks! I was hoping it was that easy. Never had any issues using the sync feature on the Mini and Pro. I just thought that there might be an issue as the Pro doesn't have the capability to play files from a USB hard drive.
The USB drive attached to an Amp or Ultra just appears as another network service under Home Music Share in the WiiM Home app - indeed, other non WiiM UPNP clients can see it as well

Back