Edit : FAT32 and exFAT sounds slightly better on USB than NTFS when using a SSD , with the Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.
This "debate" reminds me of all the improvements made to the "perfect" CD in the past 40 years. If it was perfect in 1982--and all the measurements "proved" it--why bother seeking improvements?
Proof is subjective, perfection is unattainable and debate is perpetual.

This "debate" reminds me of all the improvements made to the "perfect" CD in the past 40 years. If it was perfect in 1982--and all the measurements "proved" it--why bother seeking improvements?
People like to see big number even just upsampling doesn’t provide any or little benefits. We see 24/96 or 192 but they don’t sound that good at all. Their original master was still cd. Unless the original master was recorded on native 24/96. Upsampling the original master to my opinion makes sound less transparent and would prefer cd.

Soon finnished with my Toshiba SSD formated to exFAT. Will report later If there is any difference from NTFS or If its the SSD that sounds worse than my flash stick. Much more music this time, takes a while to rescan and also to listen critical.
Finished and after 1 hour of listening and without any doubt, the sound went better with exFAT compared to NTFS . Now, theres no difference whatsoever listening to my flaschdrive ( FAT32) or to my SSD. They sound exactly the same. I have no idea why there was a difference before, and no proof of anything.
So take this for what it is, a subjective finding.

Finished and after 1 hour of listening and without any doubt, the sound went better with exFAT compared to NTFS . Now, theres no difference whatsoever listening to my flaschdrive ( FAT32) or to my SSD. They sound exactly the same. I have no idea why there was a difference before, and no proof of anything.
Im trying to understand how storage format could change sound. How’s the sounds for better? More treble? More bass?

What did Arnold Schwarzenegger say to the Vernon Wells in the movie "commando"

Perhaps we need hydrogenaud.io terms of service #8
All members that put forth a statement concerning subjective sound quality, must - to the best of their ability - provide objective support for their claims. Acceptable means of support are double blind listening tests (ABX or ABC/HR) demonstrating that the member can discern a difference perceptually,

I doesn't. It's a steaming pile of cow manure, and should pay no attention to it.
I have been seeing your message to him. You’re going hard on him. Maybe he has golden ear look at his user name.

I have been seeing your message to him. You’re going hard on him. Maybe he has golden ear look at his user name.

It's nonsense, you wouldn't detect it with oscilloscope/spectrum analyser. It's the same MD5 checksum data. If it wasn't then there's CRC data corruption.

It's computer data and both would be the same.

I've been into computers for decades and understand these things, it would be zero difference, anyone claiming there is based on poor computer knowledge and audiophile nonsense

I have yet to hear 24/192 that will make me goosebumps. None of the 192 I heard sounds good. Their just upsampling causing them to my ear sound less clear and soft. Unlike 16/44 native resolution sounds clear than 192.

It's nonsense, you wouldn't detect it with oscilloscope/spectrum analyser. It's the same MD5 checksum data. If it wasn't then there's CRC data corruption.

It's computer data and both would be the same.

I've been into computers for decades and understand these things, it would be zero difference, anyone claiming there is based on poor computer knowledge and audiophile nonsense
I get attack here too when I say you claim such thing do you have measurements to back up your claim? Apparently, none was provided so it’s just grain of salt.

Im trying to understand how storage format could change sound. How’s the sounds for better? More treble? More bass?
Theres a more sence of presence in the music. Clearer, more fun to listen longtherm. The same difference as going from 320 kbit mp3 to CD quality I would say.

Theres a more sence of presence in the music. Clearer, more fun to listen longtherm.
Fellow musician, when I get a chance I will put John Lennon imagine on exfat vs ntfs to see if I could hear any changes. I have been listening to this song many times over in day for many decades. Remember I only listen to 5 songs.

I get attack here too when I say you claim such thing do you have measurements to back up your claim? Apparently, none was provided so it’s just grain of salt.

He's the one making the claim so he needs to provide evidence to support it. The evidence I have the data is the same is MD5 data. I can give you a copy of this data when it's on a USB stick, SSD, and on my Nas (all different hard drive systems and partition types)

The MD5 WILL be the same.

There 2 different people one that believes using your ear to judge the sound quality (subjective) the other without hearing it but basing it on measurements (objective). Amir when he does his review he based everything from measurements without saying ohhh this sound warm or analytical. On the other hand, Randi is pure subjective and often time he use warm, bright or analytical. Not everyone believes on same thing we all different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back