USB hard drive size and external power supply needs with the Ultra

If kaidou library is already struggling with 60,000 tracks, I'm way way above that (about 330,000) , and LMS is speedy mcqueen fast. A partial rescan takes about 15 minutes (scans for new and updated files) most of that is album art and resizing, and artist info download.

Maybe he should look into external service, it's a pain but I guess thats the thing with streamers they don't have the grunt in the local hardware.

Like what service

Like what service
He's suggesting to install a more capable and reliable media server on a separate system e.g. MinimServer, JellyFin. Plex, LMS (although this doesn't work with the WiiM Home App) e.t.c.

Last edited:
Like what service

I have used LMS for years, going back to around 6.2.0 whenever that came out. It can be installed on a PC, Mac, Nas's and raspberry Pi's, with my Squeezebox classic/touches.

There are other DNLA servers, but I've only had extensive use of LMS as it's always just worked, is snappy in use (as long as the hardware is capable enough - only time I was slightly frustrated with it when using a NAS with slow 300mhz single core CPU, scanning was slow, navigation was a bit sluggish but once selected an album and playing it was ok, as long as not copying to the NAS at the same time) well supported and been out for a long while. Also need IP reservation, I've had the SB not find the server as dynamic IP has changed.

NAS's have their own DLNA service, but I haven't been impressed with the one in the Synology. It's basic, non configurable, slow, not even worth using. LMS on my quad core realtek Synology was plenty fast, but supported was dropped at 8.2.0 Now using a pi5, 4GB RAM, and having LMS 9.0.0

If the wiim music scanner isn't good enough I'd just look elseware, you're just trying to flog a dead horse and get frustrated about it's foibles- you sell the wiim out of frustration getting rid of a good product just because of a beta service- where theres alternative options.

Keep the wiim but look into a stable music scanning service.

As mentioned LMS won't work with Wiim home app, but I've used the UPNP plugin, so it should work with Wiim app?

I don't own a Wiim myself.

I'm doing a full rescan of my library, I'll let you know how long it takes

hmm much quicker, they must have improved the speed I remember it taking 8-10 hours!

Discovering files/directories: /mnt/Diskstation/Music (357466 of 357466) Complete 00:01:47

Scanning new music files: /mnt/Diskstation/Music (331793 of 331793) Complete 01:30:35

Album Cover Lookup (3181 of 3181) Complete 00:00:42

Online Genre Lookup and Replacement Complete 00:00:00

Artist Picture Lookup (875 of 875) Complete 00:04:15

Update Album release types (4 of 4) Complete 00:00:00

Building full text index (6 of 6) Complete 00:04:50

Pre-caching Artwork (71974 of 71974) Complete 01:30:20

Database Optimize (2 of 2) Complete 00:02:48

The server has finished scanning your media library. Total Time:03:15:17 (Wednesday, August 28, 2024 / 7:49 PM)

Last edited:
Back