The competition doesn't sleep

All with AirPlay support.
It’s cool. Not a thousand bucks cool. Dual dac chips? Can you tell the difference if a streamer has one or two? Nope. XLR’s are a benefit if you need those connections. Airplay? Def yes. Screen is nice. I sit about 10 feet away from my equipment don’t really need that. It’s the latest new toy. I’m sure other sell good. Not for me though.

Dirac should attract if they get that right..
When available, Dirac it's the real game changer, not so many can rebuilt from foundation their listening room, especially when some "external impediments" are presents...

When available, Dirac it's the real game changer, not so many can rebuilt from foundation their listening room, especially when some "external impediments" are presents...
The nano, which price wise looks to target the Ultra, however doesn't seem to be getting Dirac nor has a screen...

Its only the Bluesound icon thats interesting. For 999 dollars. The others are cheap plastic boxes and none of them can be compared to WiiM ultra.

Its inevitable that the youtubers who make a living of telling folks lies about ”more expensive gear is always better” , not gonna praise the Ultra being more than just ” good for the money ” .

If they did tell the thuth, If would have been very bad for their business.

When available, Dirac is the real game changer, few people can rebuild their listening room from the ground up, especially when certain "external obstacles" are present...
Totally speculative I have multi eq x from audissey and better than Dirac that just marketing stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Totally speculative I have multi eq x from audissey and better than Dirac that just marketing stuff.
It could be, never compared Dirac and Audissey on same place but I wouldn't underestimate the first one, I got always astounding results, not just marketing stuff...

The Nano looks like a great product, also reviewed by The cheap audio man, possibly a better sound than the Ultra ( I own) if using the internal dac, but if you are using your own dac then I think the Ultra is a better buy with its inputs/outputs and features.
The new device with the screen looks great but overpriced.

And I’d guess they still don’t support bit perfect casting of Amazon Music unless they’ve changed their entrenched attitude to that

And I’d guess they still don’t support bit perfect casting of Amazon Music unless they’ve changed their entrenched attitude to that
At the moment, it is not yet possible to use Bluos devices directly from the Amazon Music app. Alexa cast is not supported, nor is Dlna and chromecast. I think those will be never...

At the moment, it is not yet possible to use Bluos devices directly from the Amazon Music app. Alexa cast is not supported, nor is Dlna and chromecast. I think those will be never...
I thought that you could using the Alexa bluos skill but in common with other such skills like Denon’s Heos and Yamaha’s MusicCast, you are restricted to CD quality at best (HD in Amazon’s parlance), if indeed not just lossy SD when casting from the Amazon Music app

If you want to pay up to $500 more than the Ultra for the inferior sound quality that is airplay, and a worse OS, go ahead buy one of the node products.

I'll stick with my lossless WiiM :)

I thought that you could using the Alexa bluos skill but in common with other such skills like Denon’s Heos and Yamaha’s MusicCast, you are restricted to CD quality at best (HD in Amazon’s parlance), if indeed not just lossy SD when casting from the Amazon Music app
In my country there isn't a Bluos skill, anyway I think anything can't surpass the effectiveness and the easy use of alexa or Amazon Music app with WiiM platform.
I have Bluos and WiiM both, and there are much more functions available on WiiM than the reverse. Not to speak about reliability, frequently I have to reboot Bluos, in more than two years, WiiM never had a single problem...

Back