The competition doesn't sleep

Is there parametic EQ in bluesound? If not, there is no topic.
New node would look with sense, but I do not understand lack of inputs, besides one combined port. Missed opportunity.

Is there parametic EQ in bluesound? If not, there is no topic.
New node would look with sense, but I do not understand lack of inputs, besides one combined port. Missed opportunity.
Is there even a good sounding 24 bit volume control on the bluesounds, through spdif ?

WIIM is trailing even the cheapest one on sound quality. That is even without a better power supply added the Nano is better than the Ultra. That is the main thing Linkplay should improve. Hire someone who can improve sonics.

WIIM is trailing even the cheapest one on sound quality. That is even without a better power supply added the Nano is better than the Ultra. That is the main thing Linkplay should improve. Hire someone who can improve sonics.
Did you have Ultra and Nano for tests?

When available, Dirac it's the real game changer, not so many can rebuilt from foundation their listening room, especially when some "external impediments" are presents...
AFAIK Dirac license must be paid additionally.

Not going by this ealry review: "The Wiim Ultra comparison proved to be the hardest to judge. I threw a number of tracks at the Ultra and Node Nano that should have revealed any inherent differences, like Steely Dan’s Hey Nineteen, Tracy Chapman’s Fast Car, and Billie Eilish’s bad guy. I just couldn’t tell them apart."

AFAIK Dirac license must be paid additionally.
The amount depends from gears involved. After results I tasted at home and in some others environments, I can say it worth the cost. After all, even things apparently free, in some way reclaim their fee...

It is not realistic for me to have end effect quality difference between this two dacs as significant as effect before and after peq correction (especially when gear and room definitely need one). Even difference between cheap but relative good $20 dac and $300 dac is not as significant (it is, and is big, but simply not as huge) as effect before and after own measurments, correction and adjustments.

Regarding dirac, I do not have experience with this method, but as I understand this his form of paid auto correction? If yes, auto is still auto.

So I guess you value my experience more than CAM. Thanks.
Is this the same Cam who says "am I going to say on record that it's significantly better than a Wiim Pro or a Wiim Pro Plus, no I'm not, they sound very very similar" in this video?

Is this the same Cam who says "am I going to say on record that it's significantly better than a Wiim Pro or a Wiim Pro Plus, no I'm not, they sound very very similar" in this video?
No the CAM with the beard, in his home office and the Pomeranian going off in the background.

The constant updating and tweaking of the software and firmware is what makes Wiim stand out.

I mean they have recently added the room correction function.

Regarding dirac, I do not have experience with this method, but as I understand this his form of paid auto correction? If yes, auto is still auto.
It's "semi auto". Software is running on pc or Mac and with less options on iPhone or Android and tells you were put microphone on seventeen points around listening area. Then you can edit or load desired target curve, generate filters and sent them to gear... It's best quality is in time alignment of low drivers, a sub with Dirac will never be the same.

The constant updating and tweaking of the software and firmware is what makes Wiim stand out.

I mean they have recently added the room correction function.
Maybe it's just a coincidence but in the last 10 months I have had Bluos, just two fix updates came out and in both cases they introduced new very big problems, requiring post and not so fast interventions to make it usable again...

Back