Tidal Connect looses snyc

vibebase

Hi there.
Anyone else having problems with tidal connect and wiim pro plus?
After a few seconds to minutes tidal freezes and does not show the current track. The playback does not stop. When I stop the music it won't connect again. I am using Android 10 on galaxy s9 and also facing the same problem with an old samsung tablet running Android 8.
I purchased the wiim last week and it worked flawless the first days. So I think it could be the last Tidal Update of 18/6/24 causing this issue. Uninstalled Tidal a few times running different older firmware apks, nothing helped. Then I wondered if latest Wiim firmware 19/6/24 causing it.
Spotify connect however works perfectly fine.
Would be very happy if someone could help. Thank you

Submitting a ticket to WiiM thru the settings/feedback section of the WiiM Home app is often helpful as it allows them to inspect your device logs. They may be able to pinpoint the root cause and provide a fix if it’s not at Tidal’s end.

I’ve had issues with the tidal app itself recently. It wasn’t the WiiM as it was failing with my headphones direct from my phone too. Reinstalling tidal seemed to help, try this and if not then talk to WiiM support

How long do this issues like freezing app or loosing connection by the so praised Tidal Connect already last? Last year or at the beginning of this year a firmware update by WiiM promised to fix it. Nothing changed, my third try with T. was a short one. No idea who is to blame (my bias is always blaming Tidal) or WiiM. But it seems that at least Tidal isn't keen to solve it, they simply do not care about the WiiMers. But they became cheap and if this is the reason to wave their flag one has to live with it.

I’ve had this issue for around a month. Raised it with Tidal and Wiim but neither responded
I don’t know if it’s Tidal or Wiim issue. Recent updates to both apps haven’t helped

Thank you guys for your replys.
I actually fixed it :)
Set DNS server from default to the google one: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 in your network settings.
Tidal works flawlessly and snycs faster with the Wiim. Please try it, I hope it will help you too!

Thank you guys for your replys.
I actually fixed it :)
Set DNS server from default to the google one: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 in your network settings.
Tidal works flawlessly and snycs faster with the Wiim. Please try it, I hope it will help you too!
Are you talking about on the WiiM app? There is a Preferred DNS server bottom
Or the DNS settings on your WiFi router ? Or can you just to it in the settings on the phone you are using Tidal and Wiim apps on?

Last edited:
Are you talking about on the WiiM app? There is a Preferred DNS server bottom
Or the DNS settings on your WiFi router ? Or can you just to it in the settings on the phone you are using Tidal and Wiim apps on?
Sorry for not explaining it well.
I changed the dns server in the Router settings... If you have a look into the Wiim app there is a setting for "prefered dns server 8.8.8.8"
I think wiim is optimized to work best with this one. I use the native Tidal app with connect with wiim pro plus internal dac. Works like a charm now

Ok thanks. I have a virgin media router that won’t allow me to change DNS settings. I changed on the WiiM app and the phone settings but still the issue persists

Thanks for your help and glad you found a solution on your set up,

Ok thanks. I have a virgin media router that won’t allow me to change DNS settings. I changed on the WiiM app and the phone settings but still the issue persists

Thanks for your help and glad you found a solution on your set up,
Oh I am sorry it does not work. Did you disable the preferd dns server setting in the wiim home app? Maybe try also to disable ipv6? Shame your router does not allow you to change DNS server... actually loading websites also works faster now. Quite an easy way to boost surfing experience.

Yeah I had made these changes. I’ve google stumbled on another solution that works for me, basically changed the battery settings on the Tidal app.

go to Settings>Applications>TIDAL>Battery and select the Unrestricted option instead of Optimised

So far so good …the problem seems fixed.

Yeah I had made these changes. I’ve google stumbled on another solution that works for me, basically changed the battery settings on the Tidal app.

go to Settings>Applications>TIDAL>Battery and select the Unrestricted option instead of Optimised

So far so good …the problem seems fixed.
Strange one though - a Tidal Connect connection should continue working even if your phone was turned off. I can only see that setting helping if you were using Bluetooth, for example, and your phone’s o/s was putting the Tidal app to sleep to conserve battery.

Strange one though - a Tidal Connect connection should continue working even if your phone was turned off. I can only see that setting helping if you were using Bluetooth, for example, and your phone’s o/s was putting the Tidal app to sleep to conserve battery.
I’ve found this to be half true. While I can turn my phone off while listening to tidal on the WiiM. If I reconnect to the WiiM from my phone (after turning it back on) or another device, it doesn’t show me in the app what the WiiM is playing, and I have to override the current selection with a new one.

Turns out Tidal Connect after four days out of nowhere having the same bug. After a router reset working fine only for a few minutes. Very strange one.
Did a factory reset of the WPP, now again perfect playback. Now I suspect my router to be causing it, it's old and only can do 2.4 ghz bandwith. On the other hand then I don't understand how it's worked fine for days.
But as I mentioned, as Spotify connect works flawlessly, Tidal should be to blame here.

I have this Tidal behavior, since at least a couple of month, maybe after some Tidal update.
It happens both with WiiM and Bluos and on android 14 only, iOS don't have this behavior.
I start streaming something and as long as I use the Cell for anything, preventing the screen from locking, Tidal's status display remains correct and up to date. If I just leave the phone for a while, letting it go to the lock screen, when I go back to the Tidal screen, it is stuck on the song that was playing at the time of the lock or shortly after.
Bluos or WiiM apps continue correctly to display and react to stop and skip commands.
The only way to re get control on Tidal app, is force termination of it and restart.
I have also the suspect this is android 14 related only...

I have this Tidal behavior, since at least a couple of month, maybe after some Tidal update.
It happens both with WiiM and Bluos and on android 14 only, iOS don't have this behavior.
I start streaming something and as long as I use the Cell for anything, preventing the screen from locking, Tidal's status display remains correct and up to date. If I just leave the phone for a while, letting it go to the lock screen, when I go back to the Tidal screen, it is stuck on the song that was playing at the time of the lock or shortly after.
Bluos or WiiM apps continue correctly to display and react to stop and skip commands.
The only way to re get control on Tidal app, is force termination of it and restart.
I have also the suspect this is android 14 related only...
Have you tried the TIDAL battery settings fix?

Yes, I tried any possible combinations...
It's a S22 I know Samsung could be a little intrusive. Maybe I'll try an old Huawei with Android 9 but have to find motivations...
Strange that this needs different solutions on differ set ups, I have a Samsung a55

Strange that this needs different solutions on differ set ups, I have a Samsung a55
To be precise, after setting unrestricted, and others lock screen settings, I had the feeling it was solved but it was just a lucky episode.
To be precise two, i mainly checked the solution inconsistency on Bluos that had a lot more problem with tidal and A14. I have to better test with WiiM...

Back