Tidal Connect looses snyc

Still didn't manage to get Tidal Connect going out of sync on Android, playing through WiiM.

🤷‍♂️
Ok, I did.

Changing the Tidal Connect "speaker" from one WiiM to another without stopping playback and switching back to "this device" (my phone) did it for me.

Stopping playback and reloading the app fixed it for me. WiiM Home had full control and did show everything in sync all the time.

As long as I stick to one WiiM device I still could not reproduce the Tidal app going out of sync with Tidal Connect.

I control mine from either my Mac, iPhone or an old Amazon Fire tablet I have and not seen this issue. As a last.fm users the tablet solves the last.fm scrobbling problem as it can scrobble the plays using the Master Scrobbler app. I usually have both tablet and Laptop in control simultaneously so I can control from either.

It seems (!), no proof for that, only a conclusion, that the problem child are Samsung phones.
May not be proven, yet, but it's not too unlikely either.

Xiaomi in my case, working flawlessly unless I try to use WiiM magic and the Tidal app simultaneously to control Tidal Connect. That's something I can definitely live with and probably not related to what others are observing.

My Wiim Pro plus is last up-to dated.

Unfortunately, Tidal Connect hasn't really improved for me :( it still loses sync, circles, waits, doesn't start the music, or only for a long time. It also loses the volume control many times. But the most annoying thing is the ringing. If I don't connect to Pro Plus, but I listen to Tidal on my phone's own speaker, then there are no problems, there is no waiting, all the music plays nicely. When I connect, the described nonsense starts. Please fix it, because it is already terribly annoying.... My setup: Wiim Pro Plus, Zenfone 7 Pro android mobile phone and Gigabit Lan, Wifi 2.4+5 Ghz. Thank you....

@WiiM Support @WiiM Team

And I respectfully ask everyone to let me know if you have the same problems with Wiim+ Tidal connect. (because it works perfectly by itself...)

The thing is that you can't be sure who is to blame over here - Tidal or WiiM? I also have disconnects and annoyances like when Tidal gets stuck on one song (displayed in Tidal app) and there is actually playing something else...

What bothers me is that everything was working perfect just two months ago. Go figure...

The thing is that you can't be sure who is to blame over here - Tidal or WiiM? I also have disconnects and annoyances like when Tidal gets stuck on one song (displayed in Tidal app) and there is actually playing something else...

What bothers me is that everything was working perfect just two months ago. Go figure...
I can only start from the fact that Tidal Connect worked perfectly with my Volumio subscription miniDSP streamer before. He often messes with WIIM Pro Plus. The fact that it sometimes loses sync is the minor problem. It bothers me much more when it stubbornly "circles", "meditates", does not start the music tracks. If I listen to the app on my phone, there is no problem. When I connect, it messes up.

I don't see the point of highjacking other people's threads just to vent your anger.

Nobody - including WiiM will be able and willing to put.together all the pieces of information you might or might not have given in different posts to make anything from this. Just saying "it works on my phone, but not on my WiiM" is simply not enough to start investing.

Did you file a ticket?
Did you follow up to your own ticket after firmware updates?
Did you tell WiiM to keep you posted via E-Mail when they update your ticket?

There is a structured process of dealing with technical problems then - in addition to that - there is this forum where we might exchange our experiences.

Unfortunately I don't have a WiiM Pro Plus but a WiiM Amp and unfortunately Tidal Connect works fine for me, every day.

I submitted the ticket, there was an update since then, unfortunately nothing has changed. Fe, if Tidal Connect works flawlessly on its own, but not when connected to Pro Plus, then what would you conclude? I also received a tip from Wiim on the error ticket to use it from another phone. I tried it from my wife's Samsung A42. Same problems. Slow, loses sync, loses volume control, changes music very slowly, spinning hoop. I switch it back to local playback, it's perfect right away. I can't do anything, I complain, because it breaks when connected to the Pro Plus. Although I would like to know what the criteria are for those who are good and fast. We have a gigabit 2-band network at home, very fast, 2.4G+5G. My phone is still modern. I'm clueless

I submitted the ticket, there was an update since then, unfortunately nothing has changed. Fe, if Tidal Connect works flawlessly on its own, but not when connected to Pro Plus, then what would you conclude? I also received a tip from Wiim on the error ticket to use it from another phone. I tried it from my wife's Samsung A42. Same problems. Slow, loses sync, loses volume control, changes music very slowly, spinning hoop. I switch it back to local playback, it's perfect right away. I can't do anything, I complain, because it breaks when connected to the Pro Plus. Although I would like to know what the criteria are for those who are good and fast. We have a gigabit 2-band network at home, very fast, 2.4G+5G. My phone is still modern. I'm clueless

Is the problem with WiiM only with Tidal Connect? Do you have the same problem with other streaming or playback with the WiiM app?

Btw, there was a report in another thread that there was a problem with the power adapter and streaming did not work properly.

Wow, so many people with the same issue. Thank you all for your contribution.
I like to mention again, what fixed my exact same problem with Tidal freezing, loosing Volume control etc.
If your wifi router allows, please change the DNS server to the Google one:
Also try to change ipv6 server to:
2001:4860:4860:0:0:0:0:8888

See here for further information

After I changed this I still had the same issue appearing a few days later, after working flawlessly.
I then reseted my Wiim device via the App and after that it works fine since then.
I don't know if it'll fix your problem but mine is solved. Hope it for you too :)

Wow, so many people with the same issue. Thank you all for your contribution.
I like to mention again, what fixed my exact same problem with Tidal freezing, loosing Volume control etc.
Also try to change ipv6 server to:
2001:4860:4860:0:0:0:0:8888

See here for further information

After I changed this I still had the same issue appearing a few days later, after working flawlessly.
I then reseted my Wiim device via the App and after that it works fine since then.
I don't know if it'll fix your problem but mine is solved. Hope it for you too :)
I insist that this problem should be solved in Wiim Home, not everyone is a computer and network guru. But thanks, I'll try to find it and modify it to see if it works. I had a Volumio before, and it had no problems with Tidal Connect, for example. I guess the problem here is that the Pro Plus doesn't see Tidal properly, the control software is faulty, or it communicates too rarely. I trust that it is not due to a hardware failure of the Pro Plus. And that it will be fixed soon.

Yes definetly this should work without us needing to work through all that network settings.
I second you and think communication between router and streamer is faulty.
On the other hand my mum is using the same Samsung s9 and facing no problems, even though she uses the default dns, but uses a newer router.
My guess is that older routers produce connection problems but who knows.
Anyhow changing the dns in the router settings is actually very easy and only takes a minute. And enhances the speed of loading websites in general, so I highly recommend trying it.

I can just repeat that the Tidal stops updating playing screen problem, happens with tidal connect feature, both on Bluos and WiiM, only on Samsung device (A14) after a while lock screen was activated. If never let the device goes on lock screen, Tidal connect doesn't show any problem. If I let the phone goes on lock screen for at least some minutes, Tidal connect playing display, stops to updating and the only way to get back control, is terminate and restart Tidal.
Any combination of battery and screen settings doesn't change Samsung behavior.
With an other old Huawei (A9) and iPhone, always goes fine in any circumstance.
I think it's a problem among Tidal and Samsung but Tidal support tends to be not to engaged on this kind of tickets and regarding Samsung I'm not sure whoever contact.
I'm thinking also that WiiM can does nothing about it.

I can just repeat that the Tidal stops updating playing screen problem, happens with tidal connect feature, both on Bluos and WiiM, only on Samsung device (A14) after a while lock screen was activated. If never let the device goes on lock screen, Tidal connect doesn't show any problem. If I let the phone goes on lock screen for at least some minutes, Tidal connect playing display, stops to updating and the only way to get back control, is terminate and restart Tidal.
Any combination of battery and screen settings doesn't change Samsung behavior.
With an other old Huawei (A9) and iPhone, always goes fine in any circumstance.
I think it's a problem among Tidal and Samsung but Tidal support tends to be not to engaged on this kind of tickets and regarding Samsung I'm not sure whoever contact...
I have the same problem with my Asus mobile phone. But that's the least of your worries. Slowness, loss of sync, and endless stuck load times are a much bigger problem.

If this fixed the issues for you then it's at least more likely than not that your internet service provider's DNS servers are to blame.

If so, then there's not much WiiM.can do about it, except recommending to use Google's DNS servers instead.

Didn't this WiiM Home setting have the same effect?
IMG_20240715_200712.jpg

I have the same problem with Tidal when I run streaming using the WiiM Home app. I solve it by running streaming from Tidal to the WiiM device via LMS, using the appropriate plug-in. The Wiim device works as a Squeezelite player.

Jeśli to rozwiązało Twój problem, to najprawdopodobniej winę ponoszą serwery DNS Twojego dostawcy usług internetowych.

Jeśli tak, to WiiM.nie może z tym wiele zrobić, poza zaleceniem korzystania z serwerów DNS Google.

Czy ustawienie WiiM Home nie miało tego samego efektu?
View attachment 9106
U mnie to samo...od którejś aktualizacji tak się zaczęło dziać...na początku wszystko chodziło płynnie. Samsung s20

Yep same issue for me .

Across all wiim devices. (1x pro plus & 3x wiim amps) my samsung s21 ultra looses sync on the now playing screen of tidal connect. Was fine up until a month or so ago. Hopefully wiim can come up with a fix as judging by this thread somethings clearly changed and needs putting right!

Back