Turn off spoken volume indication

BoldBelvoir

Hi y'all
I've just acquired a WiiM amp and every time I change the volume, a (loud) voice tells me 'volume level set to 40 (or whatever)'. Is there any way I can disable this? I've gone through the WiiM app settings several times and can't find it anywhere.

Thanks in advance,

Phil.

Hi y'all
I've just acquired a WiiM amp and every time I change the volume, a (loud) voice tells me 'volume level set to 40 (or whatever)'. Is there any way I can disable this? I've gone through the WiiM app settings several times and can't find it anywhere.

Thanks in advance,

Phil.
Mine has never done this, so there must be something you have altered in the settings.

How are you changing the volume?

Hi y'all

Thanks in advance,

Phil.
I’ve never encountered this. How are you changing the volume?

Hi y'all
Sounds like assistive technology provided by your phone. It's not a WiiM feature I am aware of.

Do you happen to stream through Bluetooth?

Well, this is weird! I've just turned the TV on again to try it and see whether the sound is coming from the TV, WiiM unit or some Alexa/Google speaker and it's not happening now. When it was happening, it occurred when using the WiiM remote or the actual TV remote.
I will keep trying and when it happens again, I'll report back.

Back